Games that provided most/least value for money

pawstruck

Update: Flintlock is…not exactly least value if you get it on gamepass. But it is pretty average or lackluster depending on how important these factors are to you. 

Character story is..mostly pretty solid. I like the relationship between the MC and her companion, pretty well done.

Combat is clunky with parrying really only being great with the use of a skill in the skill tree for pistol combat. Hit boxes are trash though. 

Final boss is artificial difficulty, plain and simple. Worse boss I’ve ever fought in a game. 

Overall score? 6.5/10. 7 if I was to be super generous. Its a gamepass game 🤷🏾‍♂️

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

• 3 weeks later

Best value:

Civ 5&6

Gloomhaven

CoX

Darkest Dungeon

Cultist Simulator

Frost Punk

... the older I get the more I value turn-based games so I can stop at any point to go do what needs done and jump right in where I left off without a problem. CoX is the anomaly 😄 

Worst value:

Any Telltale game (I play once and never again yet... still kept doing it over and over 😑)

FIFA any year (because I work too much to play it enough before the next year comes out)

WoW/EVE... because I spent countless hours not doing anything productive/fun just grinding away for something because that was the only way to get ahead

Best Value:

Lies of P & Black Myth Wukong.  Both games are absolute bangers. Im in NG+ for both and I’d easily recommend it to anyone looking for some challenging yet fun gameplay. One IS a soulslike though and the other is similar to ninja gaiden in terms of difficulty so YMMV if you like that sorta thing. 

Storytelling in both is easily top tier for sure.

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|