No Mind calls it.

MoggieCanada

He's a booster 🙂

• Like 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

• 2 weeks later
On 11/20/2023 at 6:14 PM, Jimpy2 said:

I always kill everything before talking to No Mind. In fact if the blinkies turned on without talking to him, I wouldn’t.

Every time I've done that mission, No Mind (and his assailants) are encountered at a chokepoint, making it impossible to go around him without aggroing things. Are you saying I can simply not interact with him after defeating the mobs standing over him?

In any case, I've somehow kept him alive the last 2-3 times I've run that mission.

20 hours ago, RikOz said:

Every time I've done that mission, No Mind (and his assailants) are encountered at a chokepoint, making it impossible to go around him without aggroing things. Are you saying I can simply not interact with him after defeating the mobs standing over him?

In any case, I've somehow kept him alive the last 2-3 times I've run that mission.

You can work around him - keep your distance around him and clear out all the MOBs. Then interact with him to get the Glowies to activate.  He'll follow you around like a puppy.

Or let him die.  It's his own fault he's in over his head, after all.

Edited by Rishidian
I needed to push the knife in a little further.

22 hours ago, Snarky said:

I hate NPCs that are PC dependent.  I therefore hate MMs and due to WoWs lopsided reliance on pets to level their game nearly all WoW classes.

The reason I haven't ever played a MM is that I hated the Necromancer class in Diablo II. Having a crowd of skeletons constantly skittering around me drove me nuts (I suspect it's because I'm a bit claustrophobic). In WoW, I had a lot of the vanity pets, but I almost never summoned them because I couldn't stand the the sounds most of them made following me around. For some reason, though, I had no problem playing a hunter with a pet.

As for NPC "helpers" getting themselves killed, I only recently discovered (after more than four years) that the Vitalize accolade power works on NPC allies. Until I figured that out, I never even bothered with the power because I never team up, and I assumed that "allies" only meant other players. But now I've acquired it on all of my alts.

Edited by RikOz
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 4:21 PM, RikOz said:

I kill the baddies, but don’t talk to him