Soulbound proc in Commando

Meknomancer

Just tested it. Single Soldier, no procs, no Interface, no Achilles'/-res debuffs. Just MM Provoking and Soldier attacking with the Soulbound proc. +122.9 damage slotted. The Soldier's damage per attack should stay consistent with the only variable being the buffs it receives from Soulbound. Scrolling through the logs, each attack jumped between three different numbers. Base damage, single Soulbound buff and double Soulbound buff. Damage below is damage-per-tick as all the Soldiers attacks are DoT. Log also attached if anyone wants to see it. 

Soulbound proc'd 162 times on a single Soldier in about 16 minutes. An average of once every 5.93 secs

Base        Buff        Buffx2

Quick Burst    11.62        14.31        17.01
Light Burst       9.21        11.35        13.49
Burst              10.94        13.47        16.01
Heavy Burst   25.93        31.94        37.95
Full Burst        15.21        18.73        22.26
Assault Rifle     3.92          4.83          5.74

chatlog 2023-11-15.txt

Edited by StrikerFox
  • Thanks 3

That's a bug. The proc and the power it grants are both flagged to replace existing effect.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=boosts.crafted_soulbound_allegiance_f.crafted_soulbound_allegiance_f

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

4 hours ago, Uun said:

That's a bug. The proc and the power it grants are both flagged to replace existing effect.

Shhhh.  We wouldn't want you to have an accident; like falling down an elevator shaft onto 147 bullets.

• Haha 2

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

5 hours ago, Crysis said:

Actually makes me wonder what other ways I can leverage this buff.

I can't imagine there are a lot of ways to leverage it. Kelika2 mentioned it's great on Grave Knights, as their damage aura can trigger it. I'm guessing pets with faster and more consistent attacks. Just to fit as many hits as possible into Soulbound's 5s duration. Also more attacks = more chances to proc. Ninja's Genin should be pretty good. Soldiers are alright but Medic not as good.

The attack that triggers the BU buff, does not get the buff/extra damage. The attacks following (Within 5 secs) will. The log posted of the Soldier shows this. I think pet attacks with long animations would benefit less. Like Commando with a 4s Flamethrower and Full Auto cast time. Say Flamethrower triggers BU, but does not get the buff. The cast time eats up most of the buff duration. The Commando might get one attack following with the extra damage. though I haven't done any testing on this.

Soulbound would be less useful on pets with non-damaging powers like the Lich, Ember Demon, Spec-Ops etc. 

I tested Soulbound on Gang War before and it was borderline useless. Their attacks are so infrequent that BU would wear off before they get their next attack in. Tested 4 GW summons, 6 minutes of GW pets, extra damage only occurred twice. 

BU buff percentages are different depending on what tier pet it is slotted on. T3s get +50% tohit/+100% dam; T2s get +40% tohit/+80% dam; T1s get +30% tohit/+60% dam. In case it helps think of a way to leverage it.

image.thumb.png.2f5c7e11a40861b8e72e75104661e385.png

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Crysis said:

You say bug I say MM buff.

Actually makes me wonder what other ways I can leverage this buff.

I always try to slot it in the T1 henchmen. My thinking is that (when triggered) it can help with the level shift that has them fighting uphill.  I want to say that I have at least one non-MM character where I included it (probably a Crabbermind) for similar reasons. The T2 Disruptors are probably the best place for this piece as they have more attacks than the T1 Spiderlings. I want to say that I have also slotted it in Fire Imps, just because.