Make Sentinel of Mot a little more difficult to fight.

captainstar

I find it a little frustrating that a monster of this size that looks like something out of a horror movie is defeated so easily in the Dark Astoria missions. So my suggestion is to make him difficult enough to make the fight last more than a minute, and have him drop a purple recipe occasionally, or something like that.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

Not everyone can drop the Sentinel of Mot as fast as you, and in the Dark Astoria missions, they are set up so that they can be soloed. So you have to factor the enemy difficulty for any AT with any power set combination having to fight him. (Edit again: And not necessarily with any incarnate powers available to help them in the fight since if you jump straight to DA and do those missions at level 50, you probably won't have any incarnate powers built yet.) (Also, when you're fighting level 50+ mobs? They already can drop purple recipes occasionally. So that part of your request is already in effect. [Edit: As long as the mission allows you to actually defeat the Sentinel of Mot. Because only defeated enemies have drops.])

Edit yet again: If you were asking for the Hard Mode difficulty setting or another similar optional setting be made available for the DA story arcs? I wouldn't care. (And besides, the devs already said they were slowly working on making that option possible for us.) It's the "I find something too easy so the default game difficulty needs to be made more difficult so that it challenges me and who cares if others already find the content difficult" approach to suggestions I cannot and will not support.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 6

Are you running his missions at +4/x8?   The Mu'Vork fight with him can be a bit tricky with that ambush, etc...  Some of my chars can solo that level, others have to do it at base.  (And mostly the ones that can do the max, went thru that arc ages ago since they're maybe level shifted once by then)

21 minutes ago, PoptartsNinja said:

It always surprised me that the Sentinel of Mot wasn't an AV in all of its incarnations. It'd downgrade to an EB automatically for soloers who haven't voluntarily chosen to encounter AVs.

It actually does make sense. Especially in your final fight where you free the Cimeroran's soul from it. He was a guardian fighting to protect others right up to the point he became the Sentinel of Mot. Some part of him still remained true to himself, so he still held back. Then when his soul was freed and the Sentinel of Mot was left as an empty shell for Diabolique to use, it no longer had anything holding it back, so it goes all out in the DD itrial. So it's an AV in the itrial, but an EB in the DA story arcs.

Edit: Also, all AVs downgrade to EBs automatically for soloists who haven't chosen to encounter AVs. That's the point of that difficulty toggle. (Except in TFs/SFs, because those are set for team play, but we are allowed to try and solo them. So no downgrades there.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1

In the Dark Astoria arcs, many of the signature foes spawn only as EBs regardless of your settings or team size. Sentinel of Mot is one of these. I believe the only place you can fight him as an AV is in the Dilemma Diabolique trial. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 21/11/2023 at 20:09, lemming said:

Você está executando as missões dele em +4/x8? A luta do Mu'Vork com ele pode ser um pouco complicada com aquela emboscada, etc... Alguns dos meus chars podem fazer solo nesse nível, outros têm que fazer isso na base. (E principalmente aqueles que conseguem fazer o máximo, passaram por esse arco há muito tempo, já que talvez já tenham mudado de nível uma vez)

Yup, and most of the teams we fight that monster, we finish him in less then half minute.

On 11/22/2023 at 12:55 AM, PoptartsNinja said:

It always surprised me that the Sentinel of Mot wasn't an AV in all of its incarnations. It'd downgrade to an EB automatically for soloers who haven't voluntarily chosen to encounter AVs.

It's even worse: it's a native EB, so it's always an EB even if you're set to fight AVs.

This is the real problem. The Sentinel of Mot should be an AV by default and downgrade to EB for soloers, like the vast majority of key villains you meet in story arcs.

• Like 1

There are 3 versions of the Sentinel of Mot, the AV you fight in the Dilemma Diabolique Trial and 2 EBs. The EBs have identical powers and differ only in their appearance (you face him as an EB in 3 different story arcs). The AV definitely has interesting mechanics and requires more than just tank and spank. Agree that the EB isn't challenging, particularly for a team, but the non-scaling issue extends to all the EBs in the DA story arcs. I believe the only EB in those arcs that will spawn as an AV is Black Scorpion.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=banishedpantheonendgame_sentinel_of_mot

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=banishedpantheonendgame_sentinel_of_mot_eliteboss

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=banishedpantheonendgame_sentinel_of_mot_eliteboss_02

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller