Male Dresses

Duuk

Oddly, this post isn't even an LGBT thing, but feel free to add that to the reasons why it should be a thing.

I was trying to make a bare chested male dark/dark corrupter straight out of some Greco-Roman fantasy and suddenly realized....

THERE IS NO WAY TO GIVE THE MAN A LOWER-BODY ONLY TOGA.  I mean, I can fake it with a kilt, but it will look like a kilt.

I want the dude to show off his luscious chest, put the leaves in his hair, and use his (gaseous pink) eros-themed powers of darkness to overwhelm you.

BUT HE SIMPLY CAN'T DO IT BECAUSE HE CAN'T WEAR A SKIRT DAMMIT.

Everlasting server - Sister Pistols and the Perma-Newbies SG

Don't worry, I know this isn't an LGBTQIA+ thing.  Because then you'd know the difference between skirt and dress.

There's not a ton of difference between a robe and a dress, and there is a (weirdly separated from either) Toga costume piece.  It sounds like what you're actually asking for is a folded-texture male miniskirt (or "lesser kilt").  Is that accurate?

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

There's not a ton of difference between a robe and a dress, and there is a (weirdly separated from either) Toga costume piece.  It sounds like what you're actually asking for is a folded-texture male miniskirt (or "lesser kilt").  Is that accurate?

For a Greco-Roman style, he'd be wanting a chiton, for which the toga approximates, but covers the upper body, too (it would also be considered an athletic chiton, as a regular chiton was much longer. The kilt, plus one of the wider 'wrapped and tied' belts to represent the kolpos tied off at the waist would be as close as you can get with the existing available male pieces.

Don't worry, I know this isn't an LGBTQIA+ thing.  Because then you'd know the difference between skirt and dress.

This is exactly what I want.  And yes, I know the difference between a skirt, a dress, and a robe.  :D

I'm actually bummed that the original Cryptic/NCSoft team never made much use of dresses, either.

But yes, I want the skirt set to be opened up to all 3 body types.  Thanks!

For a Greco-Roman style, he'd be wanting a chiton, for which the toga approximates, but covers the upper body, too (it would also be considered an athletic chiton, as a regular chiton was much longer. The kilt, plus one of the wider 'wrapped and tied' belts to represent the kolpos tied off at the waist would be as close as you can get with the existing available male pieces.

I tried that, but the kilt options have built-in coloring options and don't allow the use of the other coloring options.  Using the skirt options would really be the better options.  And since we know that they're already capable of meshing to wider legs (due to scaling/etc) there really isn't a good reason not to open them up.

GIVE ME SKIRTS OR GIVE ME DEATH.

Honestly I don't see why there needs to be gender locked anything. If I wanna make a bearded lady with super strength and a bad attitude, should I not be able to do that? Dresses (or skirts) for men, beards for ladies, and swords for lesbians. Least that's my two cents.

Honestly I don't see why there needs to be gender locked anything. If I wanna make a bearded lady with super strength and a bad attitude, should I not be able to do that? Dresses (or skirts) for men, beards for ladies, and swords for lesbians. Least that's my two cents.

Nothing's gender-locked.  Costume elements only exist for specific models -- so it's not a case of "unlocking" something that already exists, it's that a new thing has to be created for each model that it goes on.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

Nothing's gender-locked.  Costume elements only exist for specific models -- so it's not a case of "unlocking" something that already exists, it's that a new thing has to be created for each model that it goes on.

And yet, things certainly were gender-locked by the original devs, who couldn't fathom why a guy would ever want a kitten on their shoulder.  ::)

You know... Those pleated skirts that lady-toons get? In white, they'd be fun for making an Ancient Egyptian guy. I'm also for the classical Greek look the OP's after.

This one in particular seems like it would be easy to implement, because guys already have a chainmail skirt and for girls that's just a short skirt with a different skin.  It seems to me that any of the short skirt options available to women could be ported to men as different skins on the chainmail skirt, no need to create a new item other than porting the skin/pattern.  But I don't know, I'm not a game developer or 3d artist.

Also I don't really understand why we don't have shoulder pets for men yet, that one seems like it'd be easy too.  To me anyway.