Set bonuses changes

Sarrate

While looking at some builds, I noticed something I found peculiar, the ability to further strengthen s/l resists. I don't recall that being a thing on live (or at least, not to the extent that some have managed it), so I did a little bit of looking, and I found this. The 4 piece set bonus changed from "2.5% debt protection" to "3% s/l resist and 5% mez resistance." I wasn't even paying attention, but the 6 piece was modified as well, from "3.13% toxic res" to "4.5% toxic/psi res and 7.5% mez resistance."

Is this an outlier? How prolific are these changes? Are they just changing certain bonuses (eg: all debt protection to s/l res) or certain sets (eg: set x is under performing and needs help)?

I'm guessing it's more the former than the latter?

There were sweeping changes made to set bonuses in Issue 24: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Patch_Notes/2012-08-08_Beta

Buff Trick Arrows! | Buff Poison!
Powerset Suggestions: Circus Performers | Telepathy | Symphonic Inspiration
Old Powerset Suggestions:  Probability Distortion | Magnetism | Hyper-Intellect

Some day, the prophecy will be fulfilled; Trick Arrows will be buffed and I will finally be allowed to diehttps://twitter.com/trickshootah

I wasn't really active at by sunset, so I missed that change. Thanks for the heads up!

Part of the reason I cross-referenced two places was to try to make sure it wasn't just me looking at stale data, too. D'oh!

I didn't see anything in the patch notes about it, but did they also remove the cap on stacking 5 of the same bonus, such as 6.25% recharge?  I thought Mid's used to have a warning if you had over 5 of a same bonus, I don't see it any more in Pine's update, but I don't know if that is because I'm missing something or Pine is. :)