Is there any word on what is reasonably doable?

The Homecoming dev's have worked magic as far as I am concerned with bringing CoH back from the void and with tons of new stuff that's been fleshed out!

That said, myself and others here in the forum have had tons of suggestions that could fill up like 3 new issues of fixes. What could be nice, even if a bit harsh, is any sort of idea on what our expectations should be in terms of what could be done realistically?

Stuff like tweaking a number value is a given, but then changing a power to another power... porting animations... etc. Where is a reasonable line to draw given what the current dev team is?

Expect nothing.

Really, just having played at all again was a gift. NCSoft could decide to play hardass tomorrow and make all of these player  servers disappear.

It's fine to come here and speculate that "it would be nice if..." but anyone that has the attitude of "When is X going to get fixed?" is setting themselves up for failure.

Hopefully noone is coming here actually expecting new things like major art assets or things like that.

The Homecoming dev's have worked magic as far as I am concerned with bringing CoH back from the void and with tons of new stuff that's been fleshed out!

That said, myself and others here in the forum have had tons of suggestions that could fill up like 3 new issues of fixes. What could be nice, even if a bit harsh, is any sort of idea on what our expectations should be in terms of what could be done realistically?

Stuff like tweaking a number value is a given, but then changing a power to another power... porting animations... etc. Where is a reasonable line to draw given what the current dev team is?

I am glad you have asked this, because I have been wondering the very same thing. It would sure make it easier to know what we can ask for and what would be a waste of time asking for. We dont even fully know what their development team consists of.

Anything that SCoRE has already done (adding Enhancement sets, adding missions/NPCs, proliferating powersets, completing incomplete powersets and even ATs, making incomplete zones accessible, etc) is a reasonable guide for what can be done in a near to intermediate term.  The hold-up on, e.g., re-balancing a power set is less about the technical difficulty and more (as in Live) about the pragmatic reality of not wanting to change too much too quickly or even 'at all' when avoidable.

In the intermediate to long term, technically anything could be done; that's kind of the point of Ourodev and SEGs.  There are too many qualifiers to make about what would be relatively easy or relatively difficult in that time-span.

In either case -- good ideas can grow out of impractical ones.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Most of any Suggestions board is... uh, fertilizer for growth.  Which is a metaphor with several meanings.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

I would love to see some high level roadmap of ideas, but I know documents like those become a total albatross around the neck of development team, so as much as I would love to see one, it would be the single worst idea that you can do to a forum community, because everybody will be mad - those whose ideas aren't in the roadmap get angry, and when ideas in the roadmap get delayed (as inevitably happens), those people get angry

I agree with Jack - they have done a lot in the last 6 years, so as far as what's doable - it's anything.

And jubakumbi has been talking with me about how the community in this case can also get involved...If there is something you have the skills to do, then you should let them know what you are passionate about and then the ability for HC to make change can only grow.

(Don't tell jubakumbi this though, he'll never let me live it down)

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I think the harder things are new animations and new costumes, and also new missions/TFs, and populating a zone like Kallisti, never mind making brand new zones.  But all of these are things that, eventually, could happen.

(Market Crash is an example of a TF that was wholly developed by the SCORE team.  But note that they only did this once in six years.  ^_^ )

Beyond all of that, I think the BIG key here is A) Does a person have the code knowledge/other skills needed to do a thing, and B) is able to work with the SCORE team, and C) is interested in a given thing?

The last part, C, is especially important, because people are doing this in their spare time, and if it's not something they're really really interested in, it might take them a while to get around to it.  Meanwhile, the guy who has a very strong desire to add X to the game may put in a lot of extra hours and get it done.  It's not like these are guys getting paid to work on the game 8 hours plus a day, and they have a list of things the players want that can be done, and they'll work on all of them at some point.  They'll do whatever they really want to do first, or whatever the Homecoming team and Leo is pressing to have done.  ^_^

I think the harder things are new animations and new costumes, and also new missions/TFs, and populating a zone like Kallisti, never mind making brand new zones.  But all of these are things that, eventually, could happen.

(Market Crash is an example of a TF that was wholly developed by the SCORE team.  But note that they only did this once in six years.  ^_^ )

Beyond all of that, I think the BIG key here is A) Does a person have the code knowledge/other skills needed to do a thing, and B) is able to work with the SCORE team, and C) is interested in a given thing?

The last part, C, is especially important, because people are doing this in their spare time, and if it's not something they're really really interested in, it might take them a while to get around to it.  Meanwhile, the guy who has a very strong desire to add X to the game may put in a lot of extra hours and get it done.  It's not like these are guys getting paid to work on the game 8 hours plus a day, and they have a list of things the players want that can be done, and they'll work on all of them at some point.  They'll do whatever they really want to do first, or whatever the Homecoming team and Leo is pressing to have done.  ^_^

It will help once some more usable tools are devised for modifying the game. I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to even unpack the bin files once I've gotten them out of the piggs.