2 Auto powers

Tankshock

Yeah, I was kinda hoping it might have been one of the many QoL improvements while we were away. I've run perma Dom before, I guess clicking is just part of the cost of being uber. ;)

I would not mind being able to more autocast non-attack skills like Hasten and Domination.

I can understand the limits and the botting component, but personal buffs might not break things...

I put domination on my second tray - counting up - first slot.

Alt-1 activates it if that is easier for you.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Someone posted this on the Defenders forum. I don't know if it gets around the one auto power rule.

/bind rshift+numpad7 "powexec_auto Healing Aura$$powexec_name Healing Aura$$powexec_unqueue"

I have healing aura on numpad 7 and hitting right shift + numpad 7 starts it and healing aura auto fires forever until I hit shift + numpad 7 again and it cancels

i can see why they think it would be too much like botting, but there are occasions where it would be really really handy.

Specifically, anyone who's ever tried to manage Hasten and Shield Defence/Ninjitsu/Superflexes. Clicky mez protection that really needs to be on auto, and hasten, which, again, to be effective, really needs to be on auto.

Someone posted this on the Defenders forum. I don't know if it gets around the one auto power rule.

/bind rshift+numpad7 "powexec_auto Healing Aura$$powexec_name Healing Aura$$powexec_unqueue"

No, powexec_auto in a macro is the same as ctrl-click manually.

That bind sets Healing Aura to auto-fire (like jack said, you can do the same with ctrl-click), then it starts to actually fire Healing Aura, then it cancels Healing Aura.  You would get 100% the same effect with just:

/bind rshift+numpad7 "powexec_auto Healing Aura”

Not really sure why whoever created that bind added the extra 2 functions to it.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

So if this is really about eliminating "maintenance clicks" I would support this if the additional auto-clicks could only be applied to powers that only affect you. Maybe you get one for an attack, but if you ctrl+click another attack, the first one loses it. But as a SS MA/SR Scrapper, I could have Practiced Brawler, Focus Chi, and Hasten all auto-click.

Is there a way to do something like Hasten+Domination without maintenance clicking? Thanks.

If you can attain around 123% global recharge w/o Hasten, Domination will be perma. Then you can just click Hasten at your leisure or whenever you get affected by -recharge.

Winteriel Ice/Fire/Nrg Tanker | @Scranker Global

I am wondering if I can macro some of my attacks to fire off a click power first and if it is on cool down then fire the attack off instead. I think it can be done.

To the best of my knowledge, slash commands don't support conditionals and a concatenated powexec command will only trigger the last power in the string.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

I am wondering if I can macro some of my attacks to fire off a click power first and if it is on cool down then fire the attack off instead. I think it can be done.

It can't be done, as a macro...But thanks to Adeon Hawkwood for a bind assist the other day, it can be done as a bind..

/bind [key] "powexec_name [second power]$$powexec_name [first power]" doesn't work because it keeps queuing the last power in the bind, but

/bind [key] "powexec_toggleon [second power]$$powexec_toggleon [first power]" only evaluates powers that are in an "off state" and ignores powers that are firing or in cooldown.  So for this bind, it will go to the last power in the command that is off (not in cooldown or firing).  So the 2nd power being last will fire.  When pressed again, now that the 2nd power is on cooldown it will fire the first power.

I did test this just now and sadly it only works for 2 powers, not 3...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Is there a way to do something like Hasten+Domination without maintenance clicking? Thanks.

If you can attain around 123% global recharge w/o Hasten, Domination will be perma. Then you can just click Hasten at your leisure or whenever you get affected by -recharge.

Might be worth it with Incarnate. As for linking it with click attacks, that could be really tricky in actual practice if you have an attack chain where some powers setup others. Might be with a try, though.

It can't be done, as a macro...But thanks to Adeon Hawkwood for a bind assist the other day, it can be done as a bind..

/bind [key] "powexec_toggleon [second power]$$powexec_toggleon [first power]"

If you do this for two powers, and bind all of your movement keys (WASD and Space Bar) with that bind, then you will effectively have those two powers run almost as auto whenever you move. And you could have a 3rd power as the basic auto-power.

• Like 1

Everyone's talking about keybinding… Meanwhile I just learned I can auto-attack from this thread.  Does this auto attack keep happening whenever the power comes off cool down?

Yes

What I do to manage Hasten/Domination is create a pair of bind files. In the first, I bind all my movement keys and both mouse buttons to set Domination to auto fire and load the second bind file. That second bind file binds all the same keys/clicks to set my auto fire to Hasten and load the first bind file. This means that my auto fire is constantly toggling between Hasten and Domination, even when I’m just running around or browsing the market. That way, as long as you aren’t constantly chain-queueing powers, both Domination and Hasten will activate on cool down.

What I do to manage Hasten/Domination is create a pair of bind files. In the first, I bind all my movement keys and both mouse buttons to set Domination to auto fire and load the second bind file. That second bind file binds all the same keys/clicks to set my auto fire to Hasten and load the first bind file. This means that my auto fire is constantly toggling between Hasten and Domination, even when I’m just running around or browsing the market. That way, as long as you aren’t constantly chain-queueing powers, both Domination and Hasten will activate on cool down.

Brilliant!

I was going to merely suggest binding Domination to the movement keys, but your set up takes it even further!

/bind [key] "powexec_name [second power]$$powexec_name [first power]" doesn't work because it keeps queuing the last power in the bind, but

/bind [key] "powexec_toggleon [second power]$$powexec_toggleon [first power]" only evaluates powers that are in an "off state" and ignores powers that are firing or in cooldown.  So for this bind, it will go to the last power in the command that is off (not in cooldown or firing).  So the 2nd power being last will fire.  When pressed again, now that the 2nd power is on cooldown it will fire the first power.

I did test this just now and sadly it only works for 2 powers, not 3...

I actually got /macro FLR "powexecname Flares$$powexectoggleon Ice Patch" to work....

One time!

It fires the ice patch on the first click and flares on the second, then it gets stuck on ice patch recharging.

I have been messing around with loading the bind using a text file since it is easier to change and reload using two computers. I can seem to get it to work.

I actually got /macro FLR "powexecname Flares$$powexectoggleon Ice Patch" to work....

One time!

It fires the ice patch on the first click and flares on the second, then it gets stuck on ice patch recharging.

I have been messing around with loading the bind using a text file since it is easier to change and reload using two computers. I can seem to get it to work.

Can you give us the exact bind you are trying to use?  We can help I'm sure...

The answer is the command /bindload_file <filename>.

So, for the Flares / Icepatch example ... you have two separate files, each with a single line:

• numpad1 powexec_name Ice Patch $$bindload_file c:\coxbinds\>charactername>\flare.txt
  • numpad1 powexec_name Flare $$bindload_file c:\coxbinds\>charactername>\patch.txt

Hit the 1 on your numberpad, Ice Patch goes off ... and a keybind file is loaded, over-writing the bind for that key.

Hit it again, and Flare goes off ... and the first keybind file is re-loaded, over-writing the bind for that key.

:)

• Like 1

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

hell no.  Stop making the player base lazy with these suggestions.  If you don't like game play, this game might not be for you.

What are you talking about?  I seriously have no idea why you think people don't like the game or are lazy...seriously, zero clue

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2