Question on Praetor vs Primal Character Content

As mentioned, the tutorial.   The Avid Reader Badge that you get via the Praetorian tutorial can also be gotten in Ouro from Prometheus after completing an incarnate trial.

Doing the Praetorian Mission arcs via Ouro crystal doesn't give you the option of being undercover.

Praetorians can't visit any of the Primal zones until they switch.  However, they can do Primal missions that don't need to go to Primal areas.   Instanced task forces such as Cathedral of Pain, incarnate trials, etc... are doable.   You can sometimes get a train mission to work for you if you use Team Transport.

And note that Praetorians can get to Pocket D, Echo Plaza, and the Winter Village.  Plus the couple zones still available from Null the Gull.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, lemming said:

As mentioned, the tutorial.   The Avid Reader Badge that you get via the Praetorian tutorial can also be gotten in Ouro from Prometheus after completing an incarnate trial.

Doing the Praetorian Mission arcs via Ouro crystal doesn't give you the option of being undercover.

Praetorians can't visit any of the Primal zones until they switch.  However, they can do Primal missions that don't need to go to Primal areas.   Instanced task forces such as Cathedral of Pain, incarnate trials, etc... are doable.   You can sometimes get a train mission to work for you if you use Team Transport.

And note that Praetorians can get to Pocket D, Echo Plaza, and the Winter Village.  Plus the couple zones still available from Null the Gull.

I highly, HIGHLY recommend following the conversation flow from the link lemming put on Prometheus' name. On more than one occasion, I've found my self in Orbouros yelling "Just give me the badge you @$%@!" at my monitor while adamant that I've clicked everything there is to click. 

• Like 1

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

23 hours ago, lemming said:

This.

@djm6833 ...

... in order to get the undercover options in Praetorian missions you have to set that up at the tail end of the tutorial.

There are a few good guides out there for completing all of the Praetorian content in a single run by turning off XP at certain points and switching sides at key points. Definitely one of the highlights of the game if looking for a good solo run through early level missions. Undercover options are a part of this run. I've been meaning to do another one of these eventually; highly recommend trying it if a player wants to experience Gold Side.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

9 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

This.

@djm6833 ...

... in order to get the undercover options in Praetorian missions you have to set that up at the tail end of the tutorial.

There are a few good guides out there for completing all of the Praetorian content in a single run by turning off XP at certain points and switching sides at key points. Definitely one of the highlights of the game if looking for a good solo run through early level missions. Undercover options are a part of this run. I've been meaning to do another one of these eventually; highly recommend trying it if a player wants to experience Gold Side.

This!  I have done Goldside on 4 separate characters, changing starting factions & on what missions I switched sides each time.  There is a lot of replayability there, if you look for it.

• Like 1

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!