Mystic Fortune - usable on self

Just now, sinjyn said:

Making mystic fortune a self-usable power could enhance it's viability for those who often find themselves playing solo.

That what Secondary Mutation is for - it is a self-buff.  Mystic Fortune is for those that want to share a buff to stack.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Frozen Burn said:

That what Secondary Mutation is for - it is a self-buff.  Mystic Fortune is for those that want to share a buff to stack.

Excatly ... except you run the risk of being turned into a rikti monkey

which I forgot about mid -TF 🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

/e poofgone

13 hours ago, JasperStone said:

I like to think of it as "unexpected slapstick."

• Moose 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

16 hours ago, JasperStone said:

perhaps secondary mutation can be modified so that if you are on a team the monkey transformation doesn't occur?

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

4 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

perhaps secondary mutation can be modified so that if you are on a team the monkey transformation doesn't occur?

That would prevent my long term goal of getting the kill shot on the Rikti Dropship with a monkey slap

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Absolutely not!  Teammates help keep you alive when it happens!  😄  ....plus, it's just too funny to bounce along with teammates as a monkey.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later
44 minutes ago, Wynnde said:

Unstable Mutation does not provide the same level(s) of buffs as Mystic...ergo, the desire to use it on oneself.

Self buffs are never as much as buffs you give to others.  And having 2 similar self-buffing powers is overkill.  It is fine as is with one being self, and the other to be used on others.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Frozen Burn said:
1 hour ago, Wynnde said:

Unstable Mutation does not provide the same level(s) of buffs as Mystic...ergo, the desire to use it on oneself.

Self buffs are never as much as buffs you give to others.  And having 2 similar self-buffing powers is overkill.  It is fine as is with one being self, and the other to be used on others.

Especially since while Mystic Fortune results and Secondary Mutation results don't stack with themselves, they do stack with each other? Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. Let's not make Mystic Fortune also usable on self. (And to the best of my knowledge, they aren't meant to be anything more than something fun to do, hence the can turn into a Rikti Monkey with Secondary Mutation, so trying to pick between which random effect power is better for the solo player beyond one can affect self and the other can't, is bit much for me.)

• Like 1