I'm so sad

2 minutes ago, Snarky said:

i supppose expecting you to understand what I calling stupid crap... is about as likely as expecting the guy who stopped past the crosswalk on a red to do anything besides just sit in the intersection waiting for the next green

I'd take some context about now, yeah.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

6 minutes ago, Snarky said:

yeah, you are a normal american driver.  i hope not a CDL.  if so, will not be for long.

Listen vampire, I respect you but I absolutely will not apologize for having an opinion. Unlive with it.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Banjo 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

6 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

Listen vampire, I respect you but I absolutely will not apologize for having an opinion. Unlive with it.

if you mean your opinion about the light being yellow i will live longer if you do not drive at night.

if you mean about negating holds on old unused names....  i want to agree with you.  but cannot.  but you are indeed entitled to that opinion.  and i am entitled to be Snarky @tm about it, and everything

• Haha 3

That was a joke man. The silver sedan was way out in the road and in all likely-hood ran a red light.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

7 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

It may be time to turn on the inactive name policy. Just saying.

You took the words right out of my mouth. There's thousands of super group names that are just inactive because the accounts don't even use them anymore.. we need to clean out some names, either super group names or real names. I myself don't even hog accounts and if I did, I would give them away to the person asking. 

10 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I really hope you are joking lol.  

😂

Yes. That intersection is weird though. Fire that traffic engineer. I mean, where does that outside lane even go?

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

9 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

Welcome home!

You can use the chat command /get_global_name your_old_character_name to find the global name of the person who has the name.  Then you could drop them a polite in-game email to ask if they'd be willing to give up the name. Of course they might no longer be playing, or they might want to keep the name, but it doesn't do any harm to ask.

I had someone in game email me for this exact thing a while back.  I wasn't really using the name anymore and gave it up for him.  Definitely worth a try.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

Yes. That intersection is weird though. Fire that traffic engineer. I mean, where does that outside lane even go?

You think that one is weird.  There are some in Portland I have memorized and still look confusing when you approach.  

Hang in there OP and take the advice here about checking other shards and emailing the global that has the name.  When i got back to the city my main's name wasn't available on Everlasting, but it was on Excelsior.  I played there until...let's be honest it took a couple of years for they and I to be online at the same time.  They were really nice and just wanted to see my costume and build so they could see what i would do with it.  Give your hero a code-codename or run around in civilian clothes and your secret id as the name in the meantime so when they are available, you're ready to go.  I even put in my bio that my hero "used to be known as...and is working to reclaim his name" so if anyone knew the other guy they might be able to help.  

Tldr:  hang in there.  Follow the advice.  It absolutely can happen.

21 minutes ago, Snarky said:

You think that one is weird.  There are some in Portland I have memorized and still look confusing when you approach.  

image-jpg.25342

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Microphone 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

47 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Pfff.  I've been round the magic roundabout in Swindon.

Edited by Grouchybeast
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

What's the name.  I'll be happy to sell you a character name if I own it.  It sounds like you're between a rock and a hard place right now so I'll discount my normal 2 bill influence fee 50% down to 1 billion.  Let me know!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, mcbraggart said:

I just found out this was a thing.  I played when the game first launched and now when I'm trying to recreate my first character, the  name is already taken.

This is something that I sincerely hope gets corrected in the future - names being unique.  Cryptic changed this in their next generation engine after CoH.  They're going to have to do something about this if they want the game to evolve. 

54 minutes ago, Excraft said:

This is something that I sincerely hope gets corrected in the future - names being unique.  Cryptic changed this in their next generation engine after CoH.  They're going to have to do something about this if they want the game to evolve. 

Don't hold your breath too long.   Since the devs did answer why this would be a difficult thing to do.  (Pretty sure you weighed in on that thread way back when)

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

I should buy you a pint at some point.

Fremont & Sandy, Prescott & Cully, the mess of 39th & Sandy.

And hopefully you haven't had to do too much driving since Friday night, it's icky and no one knows how to drive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snarky said:

That's because you have everyone in city hall BUT the engineers designing the stupid things for bikes and pedestrians instead of the cars they're meant for. (road designer for nearly 40 yrs...ODOT = Oregon Department Obstructing Traffic. PBOT = Portland Bureau of Twits)

The centerline strip should be a double yellow. The wide shoulder beyond the fog line stripe is likely due to the intersection being built to accommodate a future right turn lane or second lane for future development needs. The area looks like it's a business park or light industrial zone. Still, it's a major lawsuit waiting to happen for reasons that are non-relevant to the OP. :) 

That Swindon Traffic Circle looks to have been designed for two way traffic for some absurd reason. The number of collision points is terrifying. lol

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

Pfff.  I've been round the magic roundabout in Swindon.

Isn't that the work of Crawley?

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG: