Rad Brute or Rad Blaster/Corruptor? Returning player

Cstriker01

First off grats to the server team and devs for getting the rights! Hella cool.

I want to return and instead of getting analysis paralysis I will lean on thoughts from you heroes.

i go for theme builds and im eyeing either:

- Rad/Rad Brute or Rad/Fire Brute as a science origin (nuclear science experiment gone wrong, now he decays destructive nuclear fire).

- Rad/Rad Corruptor or Rad/Fire Blaster same theme!

- Dual Pistol/….something Corruptor or Blaster. 

I’d just not like to be gimped but be able to group and solo and fit my theme there. Too many cool choices but I haven’t played since several issues in to CoV back when that was out. Thanks!

Edited by Cstriker01

I have a Fire/Atomic blaster based on a similar theme that I have enjoyed (when I've played him). Some good secondary powers in there, and you can drop FI-YAHHHHHHH! on everything.

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I've got a mace/fire brute, and should point out that the /fire will have a designed weakness in knockback protection, different from all other brutes.  You'll need to address that or you'll not be able to hold your ground.  Once you figure it out though, /fire is pretty sweet.

I've also got a rad/rad blaster and find him to be great fun.  I just have to watch the aggro though, as I personally can get so wrapped up in nuking 'em 'til they glow, that I forget I can pull them off a tank's taunt at times.  He's among my favorites, and I've not even really tried to maximize his enhancements yet.

I would go Fire/rad for Corr, Controller, or Blaster. I find /fire to be not worth my while on a Brute unless I am farming. Rad melee is a bit on the slow side for me as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

4 hours ago, Cstriker01 said:

I want to return and instead of getting analysis paralysis I will lean on thoughts from you heroes.

- Rad/Rad Brute or Rad/Fire Brute as a science origin (nuclear science experiment gone wrong, now he decays destructive nuclear fire).

I’d just not like to be gimped but be able to group and solo and fit my theme there. Too many cool choices but I haven’t played since several issues in to CoV back when that was out. Thanks!

I love my rad brute. 

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

Fire/rad Brute could work, but it lacks much in the mitigation department. Granted, I have a Savage/rad Brute in the similar vein. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

6 hours ago, Cstriker01 said:

Brute will be strong.  Corruptor, built correctly, is an A or S tier team player, dependent on sets, build, and such. 

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Thraxen said:

You could easily play each to 20 and see which is more fun. The xp buff helps a lot. Play whatever is the most fun. They will all be good on teams. 

I suggest becoming an altholic.

• Haha 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

For rad I would play brute as a first option.

Everyone starts rad/fire brute for farming,  im currently leveling one but I actually find it fun.

I think DP/Time is a blaster build I've seen floating around.

But try them all till 20 and see what fits you. Start them up on one of the double exp servers, or even 50% exp servers, get the p2w double exp booster, throw in some prestige enhancements and you should be golden running tf's to 20.

I am currently leveling a Rad/Rad brute, after getting my Rad/Rad blaster to tier 3 incarnate.  Both are fun.  But the blaster is fairly sturdy, as blasters go, and very aoe fun.  I'm sure the brute will be as fun when the slotting is complete.

Back on live, I'd advise that you roll all three and have fun.  Hell, today, I advise that you make them all.

I'm loving the savage/rad brute I just rolled. She just keeps going at full speed. Can be a bit fragile, (like those doubles you fight at the end of posi 1) but I'm almost about where I start slotting generic I/Os (early 20s) and I think that's going to help a lot. 

On 1/17/2024 at 10:24 AM, Cstriker01 said:

I am a raging Altaholic already. I admit I have a problem.

Its not a problem really in this game, it has more to do with how drastically an at and power set will play different as you level and the fact there is so many its really hard to tell, there is no warrior, priest, shadow knight, balloon shooter, or super druid in this game even though some ats may seem similar.

• 3 weeks later

I've been having a lot of fun with an IO'ed dark/rad/dark Sentinel lately, who cycles Meltdown and Rune of Protection (no Tough or Weave).

There are primaries with snappier ST chains that would give a nuke and taoe/pbaoe to go with an Epic pool pbaoe than Dark/, but it fit my theme and it's pretty darn good. Nuke/Proc Zero/2 aoes mostly clears a spawn, which is a contrast to my /EA and /SR Sentinel aoe ability.