Build for mindless gameplay - Spines/Fire Brute?

Mashugana

Sometimes I want to turn my brain off and play a character that has a nice, simple rotation that can clear streets and missions without any big risk.  Usually this is when I am under the influence of my medically legal herbal medicine that makes me mellow and a little slower at the keys - if you know what I mean.

So I do not care if it is a little slow to clear.  I have my blaster and controller if I want complex rotations or living on the edge of death at all times.  I need me something safe, slow, and rewarding.

What do you think?  Spines/Fire Brute?  A Tank?  The new Sentinel?

Thanks all.

PS: The best example I can think of is my fire/fire tank before all the nerfs.  I could just leap into any crowd that was about my level and burn them down by being in their presence.  I was never in any real danger of dying - even though it could be a bit slow.  That just gave me time to sip coffee and keep pressing the 2 button :)

/Fire Brutes are squishy starting off, so it may not be as mindless as you want it to be. Their defense is their increased offensive abilities. Although, once you get into IO's and end game content, they're hard to beat.

Willpower would be a good choice and I'd personally go with a Brute. They have the HP cap of a Tank and the offensive capabilities of a Scrapper.

I'm going to say Martial Arts or Claws for a primary.  Both of them are fairly simple and direct, and not really flashy but the animations flow together really well for semi-mindless farming.  I've run Martial Arts on an /invul scrapper and a /fire brute, and with a good build in the right situations you're just happily destroying everything around you. I've also run claws/bio scrapper and claws/fire brute and those were also good for mindless farming.

Willpower is a good choice for a secondary if you don't want to spend a lot of money on your build.  Otherwise, quite a few secondaries can be turned into farm-type builds, but I like fire and bio and shield and radiation, and I still like invul if you want to fight something like council.  ^_^

Gonna have to agree with the others. For mindless ease ptetty much Random/Willpower brute. Fire armor is great for AE mission with just fire damage.  It can be built to be quite sturdy to life outside of AE but that is expensive and time consuming.  Willpower is far better on just SOs for mindless ease.

You could even so spines or rad melee as they have damage auras.  Go and grab a sandwich and if anything wanders by it will likely be dead when you get back.

TW/wp. The animations are so slow it will give you plenty of time to chill out. I love fast playing builds, see alias, but TW/wp would be the complete opposite.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Easy idea would be to make a homage to Lebowski Thor.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Dark armor / radiation melee also stacks aoe auras and is hardier than fire. Not sure why it's seldom mentioned maybe it sucks in ways I don't realize.

It is a set that is very hard on your endurance bar and you have to heal pretty regularly until you get some defensive set bonuses which was not what the OP is searching for.

Everyones mentioned brutes and scrappers, but if you truly want mindless gameplay Robots/ForceField Mastermind is probably king of that. Bubble your bots and you can literally just walk into a pack soak up the alpha strike yourself and browse the forums while your bots clean up and keep each other alive, repeat.

It's also able to solo pretty much any content in the game.

As someone who plays a Spines/Fire brute outside of farms:

Spines/Fire is absolutely not mindless gameplay. You are not much more durable than a blaster to anything except fire damage, one false move and you go kersplut. You have to keep on top of using Healing Flames, but make sure you don't use it TOO soon because you want to get the most benefit out of it, your end bar likes to drain, and fast, so you need to make sure to use Consume. Your entire ability to survive hinges on the ability to kill them faster than they kill you, which requires timing your use of Fiery Embrace + Build Up to coincide with several good attacks being ready to go...

Don't get me wrong, it's not as focus intensive as some other builds, but it's still active and you have to pay attention to your green and blue bars.

If you want mindless melee, /stone brute after 32. Nothing short of psi damage is an actual threat to you.. Spines/stone or Rad/stone you can just walk in to a mob and walk away from the keys for 5 minutes and come back to a dead mob.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.