Archetype and secondary to go with claw

Zergy

I'm wanting to make a character that uses claws but hesitating between which archetype to use: tank, brute or scrapper. I'm also not sure what secondary power would go well with it. I'm most likely going to play mostly solo but would like to do group content too.

Edited by Zergy

To be honest anything works. One of my fastest characters was a Claws/Fire Armor Brute for obvious reasons. Claws/Bio Scrapper punches above its weight thanks to Shockwave spam constantly knocking enemies down. Brute and Tankers have slower recharge in Shockwave which does not make it as seamless as a Scrapper who will go into blending mode with Follow-up, Shockwave, Spin, repeat.

Fire Armor/Claws Tanker is still one of the best offense oriented Tankers thanks to the perma 70% damage boost powering Burn and the constant Force Feedback spam accelerating it.

Bio is focused towards ST damage, but Claws does AoE good especially on a Scrapper and once you can start spamming it at level 26 your durability goes up. You will need to slot a knockback to KD IO to not scatter the mobs though.

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 1

• Lead Game Master

I have several Claws scrappers; I really love the set and it’s one of the best for Scraps IMO. 

I’d agree Bio is a good choice as a secondary, there’s just a bit of a learning curve with it. Super Reflexes is really good and one of my favorites, and Willpower is a great all-rounder secondary. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips!

Claw/Regen Scrapper was my first character way back when CoH came out, but I've heard Regen had been made much worse in later patches so was looking for some alternatives. Looking forward to trying out some new stuff!

I haven't tried it since picking up Homecoming with the announcement this month, but I did main a Regen scrapper immediately prior to the live servers being shut down. Regen scrapper took some work to make it durable back then. It was totally doable, even with mediocre IO sets and a limited budget. What worked for me was picking up the fighting toggles and other pool powers that help with survival a little earlier than I do for most builds. I rebuilt that character as Super Reflexes instead this time (it's more thematic for her) and that's working out just fine, too, but again with a slightly different build that prioritizes SR powers.

By the way, I knew a Zergy back on WoW. Raided with him back in WotLK/Cata. If you're him... good to see you around!

Edited by Duckbutler
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, StarseedWarrior said:

If redraw bothers you something  to consider is less clickys on secondaries during combat

Redraw is basically not a thing anymore, you have your initial weapon draw once per mission and that's about it.

What this team needs is more Defenders