what is the meta combo...?

50caltech

5 minutes ago, Farrellite said:

Invuln compared to Bio / Rad is missing the flexibility and/or AoE, is that the reasoning behind the primaries?

Since all Tanker primaries are pretty capable of handling the mitigation side of things, the best primaries are going to be the ones that also contribute to your offense.

1 minute ago, arcane said:

Since all Tanker primaries are pretty capable of handling the mitigation side of things, the best primaries are going to be the ones that also contribute to your offense.

That makes enough sense to me, just curious though - you'd be running in Offensive stance in Bio?   And if not isn't the accuracy buff from Invuln better?

Just now, Farrellite said:

That makes enough sense to me, just curious though - you'd be running in Offensive stance in Bio?   And if not isn't the accuracy buff from Invuln better?

I would constantly be in Offensive mode, yes. Even so, the Invuln tohit bonus might be superior, but Bio also has a damage bonus and a proc bomb PBAoE attack.

It's also very easy to get to 95% chance to hit in this game. Chances are you have teammates with Tactics or defense debuffs. Or you can just use a yellow inspiration. So the damage procs, damage bonus, damage aura, and resistance debuffs from Bio Armor become the most valuable tools.

Not to mention, Bio has a +7.5% tohit buff while in Offensive Mode from Environmental Modification. Unenhanced Invincibility needs 4 targets to hit the same value.

Edited by Ston
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, arcane said:

If that is the case isn't Shield a good option too? A damage buff in Against All Odds plus a nuke? 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Ston said:

Bio Armor / Rad Armor + Martials Arts / Battle Axe / Titan Weapons / Super Strength

Would you not throw Fiery Melee in there? I know you were posting some pretty crazy runs with it.

Also, would you say Shield is nipping on the heels of Bio/Rad? Pretty sturdy, gives defense to the team and AAO is a decent dmg boost.

19 hours ago, StriderIV said:

Would you not throw Fiery Melee in there? I know you were posting some pretty crazy runs with it.

Also, would you say Shield is nipping on the heels of Bio/Rad? Pretty sturdy, gives defense to the team and AAO is a decent dmg boost.

Yes, fire as well! I'd probably but MA, SS, Fire in A-Tier and TW, Axe in S-Tier

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

is TW really S Tier these days?  I know it got nerfed to hell a while back.

It is for ST DPS. Which usually is the most important thing on a full team. It's the only set close to competing with Axe for that. Also has pretty good AoE still.

3 hours ago, StriderIV said:

Thanks for this Ston! What about your thoughts on Shield?

Shield is also very strong. It's noticeably less powerful once you get into higher content though. Especially 4* with a good team comp. Bio, Rad, Fiery Aura are probably your best there. The benefits of Shield get less potent when you have Kinetics and Cold Domination on your team.

Super Reflexes and Shield are amazing for everything up to that though.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Ston said:

Shield is also very strong. It's noticeably less powerful once you get into higher content though. Especially 4* with a good team comp. Bio, Rad, Fiery Aura are probably your best there. The benefits of Shield get less potent when you have Kinetics and Cold Domination on your team.

Super Reflexes and Shield are amazing for everything up to that though.

Might have to try that Rad Armor/SS everyone raves about. Or maybe Rad/MA.

On 2/3/2024 at 9:31 PM, Ston said:

Yes, fire as well! I'd probably but MA, SS, Fire in A-Tier and TW, Axe in S-Tier

didn’t you own analysis show Titan Weapons as being one of the slower melee sets though? rather than S Tier i’d put on the verge of “avoid”