Boosters and Attuned IOs

Was just talking with someone about this in game...

not sure how feasible it is, but can we have it that if you have an attuned IO and use an enhancement booster on it, the IO changes to (max of your level+3 or the IO level) and start boosting the IO again?

I've sometimes bought attuned IOs only to realize that I would rather boost it, this would allow me to not have to sell and re-buy the IO.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

What this team needs is more Defenders

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

Entirely possible, though it would involve adding hundreds of new recipes to the database. The guys who manage the dbs tend to get cranky when that many entries are created all at once.

I thought it actually could not be done?

2 hours ago, TheZag said:

If it were done,  they would have to boost back to your level and not +3 to prevent starting with attuned and saving the need to use 5 boosters to get +5.

Sorry, not what I meant by +3... I meant if you were level 37 and "unattuned" a miracle, it would be level 40.

Ah,  that still presents a problem though as level 53 IOs exist but there are no recipes to obtain them.  I would like to be able to un-attune enhancements on occasion but they still would probably need to return to the players level instead of +3

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheZag said:

Ah,  that still presents a problem though as level 53 IOs exist but there are no recipes to obtain them.  I would like to be able to un-attune enhancements on occasion but they still would probably need to return to the players level instead of +3

fair enough, good point.

6 hours ago, TheZag said:

To the best of my knowledge, the AH doesn't know the difference between Attuned and un-Attuned or the enhancement's level.  Just sell the one you have and buy it back unAttuned for near the same price you sold it for.  It's like AH provides the service for a small fee.

Example: Cacophony: Accuracy / Recharge has the same amount for sale in Crafted: All level ranges & Attuned

yes, that is right, but 2 things.

1. the selling fee (I know this is a minor thing)

2. you can't buy stuff from yourself, so if you sell yours for 1,000,000 but everybody else is listing it for 2,000,000 then you either have to wait and get lucky to get it for 1M or you're out an extra Million inf.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Psyonico said:

2. you can't buy stuff from yourself, so if you sell yours for 1,000,000 but everybody else is listing it for 2,000,000 then you either have to wait and get lucky to get it for 1M or you're out an extra Million inf.

Then you buy the one you want first (after careful bidding) and list yours for about same price... right?  May be out that money for a while but should come close to nearly evening out.

Edited by SupaFreak
  • Like 1

Or you could just use them attuned. I make my builds with all attuned set IOs, and only boost the few basic crafted ones like the recharges in Hasten. Attuned still gets you to red ED in the power aspects that matter, and they retain more benefit while exemplaring than boosted 55's do.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/3/2024 at 11:58 PM, Psyonico said:

the selling fee

This is presumably a perfectly acceptable, and in fact very generous, cost for un-attuning an enhancement, since even if this was made directly possible it would likely not be free.

I don't oppose adding a recipe for an un-attuner though, just for convenience.

I wouldn't mind seeing Catalysts not being usable on Very Rare enhancements (attuning doesn't do anything for them)

Now, for a change that would require more work.  If a Catalyst is used on a PvP, it doesn't attune, but gets changed to your level. (1-50)

For other stuff, a De-Attuning method would be nice.   Heck, you could just make it a second application of a Catalyst would make it your level.  So, I'd see someone using a catalyst on a low level until they hit 50, then de-attuning it.   Maybe only make this option able to be done at 50?