Approaches to Requested Beta Testing

Lockely

15 hours ago, Dev Unitas said:

This is absolutely true, but most of the goal-based testing we do tends to be during the Closed Beta phase - not to say exclusively, but it's definitely something that you'll see more of during that time than during the Open Beta phase, I think.

Yep definitely. (I'm over there as well)

On 2/9/2024 at 12:44 PM, Bionic_Flea said:

But Johnny Unitas, why can't you just say:

and save all of those extra words?

No , Johnny couldn't be cause all of those extra words were utterly necessary.

Both the devs and we players (who are testing) need to do better, it is not simply the fault of one group or the other.

Case in point, you snipped all of his post away and tried to boil it down to a boilerplate one sentence answer, and it didn't work.

10 hours ago, Widower said:

But Flea! Beta testing is serious business! No jokes allowed!

Speaking of, how exactly do I need to report things I've found on the test server?

There are a couple of rather glaring issues I noticed.

When you chose alternate colors for Arsenal Assault, the particle effects for the shots disappear.

When you set it back to original, it does not fix this in the costume creator.

Also when armor is set to black for banes, most of the prestige costumes fail to show up properly, I think it's an issue with the textures of the costume pieces.

For example: When coloring effect: entropic, or effect darkness: the particle effects seem to be heavily muted instead of the bright flashy particles we see on regular costumes.

Same for Luminous, and flames.

• Developer
3 minutes ago, Amaterasu said:

Speaking of, how exactly do I need to report things I've found on the test server?

There are a couple of rather glaring issues I noticed.

When you chose alternate colors for Arsenal Assault, the particle effects for the shots disappear.

When you set it back to original, it does not fix this in the costume creator.

Also when armor is set to black for banes, most of the prestige costumes fail to show up properly, I think it's an issue with the textures of the costume pieces.

For example: When coloring effect: entropic, or effect darkness: the particle effects seem to be heavily muted instead of the bright flashy particles we see on regular costumes.

Same for Luminous, and flames.

These are the exact sort of things to post in --> here <--- if it's a new bug to page 7, otherwise ---> here! <---

If the thread for them already exists, post your own information in that thread - if not, it's worth making a new one for each separate issue.

8 hours ago, Dev Unitas said:

These are the exact sort of things to post in --> here <--- if it's a new bug to page 7, otherwise ---> here! <---

If the thread for them already exists, post your own information in that thread - if not, it's worth making a new one for each separate issue.

Thank you, Unitas.

I will post them in the first one.