Psychic Melee - Ninjitsu - Weapon Mastery

Cyrickain13

I honestly tried searching for this but did not have any luck. I will post my build later this afternoon ( I know bad form) 

1. Is anyone playing this?

2. Does anyone have a Mids build that they like and can post. 

3. Any tips or tricks for playing this toon. 

So I am not looking for anything negative like this build sucks , reroll your toon, or "shoulda played "X"". 

Thanks, 

19 hours ago, Cyrickain13 said:

1. Is anyone playing this?

I ran one though the mid-30s or so, but setting aside the ending of that story - I'm a big fan of Psi-Melee.

2. Does anyone have a Mids build that they like and can post. 

Not for /Nin. I'd offer to share my Psi/SD, but as /SD is positional defense where /Nin is typed, it would be of limited value. A few notes though:

GPB can take two "purple" damage procs, and I'd recommend slotting in both of them.

ML and TKB are good places for  Force Feedback's Chance for +Recharge, although I've found that having one in TKB is plenty.

Boggle is more than just a confuse. It applied "Boggled" status to the target which increases the chance of triggering Insight. Each attack that doesn't consume Insight has a different chance of triggering it. TKB has the highest chance of doing so. "Boggled" status increases this slightly. Not enough for me to take the power on my Psi/SD, but as you are going /Nin and have a second source of confuse in the secondary, you might consider that playstyle. If you do lean into the confuse, get the proc that spreads it from the Contagious (purple) set.

Try to get as much Recharge Debuff Resistance as you can into the build - getting slowed is murder on Psi Melee as you'll want to have GPB and ML up as often as you can. Winter Sets are a good source for this, spread them around 2-3 pieces at a time if needed.

3. Any tips or tricks for playing this toon. 

The new Psi Mastery Pool in Page 7 (currently in Beta) is the only other suggestion I'd make. Psi Lance is great and Harmonic Mind slaps. Although with /Nin you might not need Harmonic.

Edit:

Ok, now that the coffee has reached my brain, editing to correct myself. /Nin is positional defense. 🤣 Dunno why I thought otherwise.

... hmm, seems that my Mids doesn't want to export ... or update, apparently, but here's a snip in case it gives you anything useful ...

image.thumb.png.3d80350f290908f2a630559a23e452a8.png

Edited by InvaderStych

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

I did a deep dive on Psi melee rotations but sadly lost my notes. I do however recall the conclusions after breaking down rotations for a day and calculating average proc rates of insight and its damage boost.

Ignoring Insight and doing the best rotation without it averages a ~10% dps loss compared to changing your rotation to leave GPB till the last second when Insight is up. Meaning you absolutely want to try and maximize your Insight gains.

Boggle when used optimally AND slotted with damage procs to minimize its dps loss, is a ~5% dps gain over not using boggle and just playing around Insight as best you can, assuming average luck and perfect execution. To be clear Boggle doubles the chance of Insight procing on an attack. However, that 5% gain is lost on a single deviation in luck, or if you queue up the wrong attack to quickly before noticing it triggered, and in many cases becomes a dps loss instead.

My final conclusion was that Boggle was essentially worthless as a DPS tool and had the marginal value of every other single target confuse in the game. The one kinda sorta exception is Stalkers where boggle turns Slow AS into a 100% chance to proc Insight, letting you start a fight with Insight. However that means delaying your opening the full 5 seconds it takes to animate both boggle and slow AS.

Ignoring insight however is a fast way to handicap Psi melee's damage. So you want yo react to it as best you can, and queue up attacks so that you start GPB just before Insight ends in order to maximize your dps.

Edited by Koopak
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later

And here I'm just coming back and have a Psy Melee/Energy Aura character that this info will be very valuable to, thank you all!

Speaking of, any chance someone might have history with this combo and could give some tips?

Formerly Infinity, Currently Everlasting

50s:  Necro/Kin MM, Ill/Storm 'Troller, Kin/EnA Stalker, NRG/EnA Sentinel, Grav/Elec Dom, Invuln/Staff Tanker, Mind/Dark 'Troller, Earth/Nature 'Troller, Merc/FF MM

• 1 month later
On 2/9/2024 at 4:39 AM, Cyrickain13 said:

Does anyone have a Mids build that they like and can post. 

Didn't look like you had a response for this, and I was fiddling with a Scrapper version for my Psi/Nin Blaster, so I figured I'd share mine.

image.thumb.png.ca85d3f1d9fc9703425ec7e122e9e189.png

This is very much a theme build, but I think it hits all the fundamentals. Hasten is at 124s recharge. Concentrate will be up 38% of the time.

Don't get caught in a DDR cascade; you've got no wiggle room. If you'd like the extra safety, drop Venge for Elude Kuji-in Retsua and use that to push through DDR cascades. I personally just like the Byzantine solution of moving away and pressing heal (18s recharge).

Without having driven it yet, my thought would be to use Psi Blade Sweep as part of your ST attack chain; it should do well enough here to earn it's money.

Probably open with TKB out of Hide for the chance to crit+high Insight proc chance+chance for Crit Strikes. If you luck out on Crit Strikes & Insight at the same time, go straight to GPB. Use Psi Lance during lockouts, weave it into rotations, kill runners, pull Neuron, all the usual stuff.

Incarnates are your oyster, go with what you love. 

Import chunk in the spoiler below (if I did it right. I miss old Mids.)

Spoiler

G9plACwK7MbopMEcDVX4hJWr9iFV6lyk7BGYO44ladtV6eeVmlmbKY+6mbyj+FxrQJZuzFOlR9r4AC35CZU/QHxVfZtWQ7lS/XcP+5U2C7T0vsWYJgWRTuID4v+3fHdwQaNQDoluuy5gHMLyZ3bmnbM/pRZHq2//T+kbR6lyJaUdTzcaJYhDIu19tBlKU3yZCEcceBeLxGTowoFrVv+bK5AGGiKO+jsoFqkPFeL5XXDvKTSu/v4JQHYmoDn3YOv41WHIgM8hoi5AiQYC37G/U6Y4T9bXbBxoIeX8+DSAyN2Quv3QjDKod4wEP6aIxpBU2hPon/Ud0OjrARiWIKJoiuu1prjcxvCQTe3DD5HkjD8IT/3QhxNygwDzRmEDly7LkqeY9kU+pLM+cviZ/LsDTeYK6khNJ62TZVdWK8tumULW0Qlc59LXyPbSlivHfwzIHTyo5EHzYEpBvjEllttW3I4G9ETgUJejsxaqSAP8cL5AUFi3qk9Z1xvahpXOpt1uVt9NJ93npPaLpA0DGn8SZv8/R91eDOdKZdsfnsbJ5hQ0Jf9X1DdjBiwKsKrbicI4LoynYV3eKXPHTZAwc2utsKdiR51pp8ZkvRqKeaHUZyOa+lAsmkCrzhCwwlfwwr2j9lmxvuZXpJ9Th5eVZBrUVTcdTBgQoZXI1NPgb3VaD7+2Fvh4a85SJsj+9J0hyoJW+f6s4UylUSAZG5iNvtyDSabOJO0UaYRFQdQTz1GyEQoUdzow5D9gh0v4sw0KCes2DTh78Fc5uGqvJd0eywDqOPgrF7ji2jqNEj4VXOlcmgDwCA/PRdiPtPRTjBEbiWhC/pGF/UAsFtUul5ZFtsPiiMWzrMcfEOysiK6q4hpjjP6GCzheQxCqTGHj/UcM3jH0l/42OlLVvlSFMhQOWRxJZMdaF0v+0XCQN9YtlxtwmzcyPGRyektqONGRWe9ZP7YLYDjoCnswtJPG1vTtfKezinRW8SmClYonkOkH4864hNw8fqN5r+fFE78SQwB9GTRWW/lrGrz0t9zHtkS4j/XIzGVEFT/x6cch+6M/EnM5K5XusJngfaNAxyoYiEgTNtKsscB0M5dQ+ebEp6rcIOMZ6OzT3+PSOqMxi5nkPHlHyJNHQ6lGbFig8+83dgARc5MfID4uh8rR1DUSff82IsekTU+Xb1vL+bjJaBbW2Tnh9qFzyRnF+gJUFdHYW+lljUZbr9zI4j6NRTnJakk8EHYg3WuYyYVLrcWBdLoz6bLx0nZNxP/lskEe+KoFNLAclhZK5rzfZUrXjQmAc6GCQ8x+OZkw30Sg8WIvXVvuhzn73vWOlaiqH0m1tng2FRZn+2Wcf/scLuDYqgVNuuU+Rz/0di3HilrZdZ6pfmWDmgwne/NRi8KRDaxdTv1YuNQnTxJZkzLdtem4NxR4EqlNvTrA3lgDO+dy2WVbj8tPeebggEupO3haf7Oyl7mW3jerUoIbDYGXQVFkQ+TBuv83mSN5QHQGLl1aanoyF8pEEsZvkSZ9/uQ4GKY/w7sXGpUJd5y91NrXb+O7CrIWUvfPV08EiThLKMIngJYjABouh/9uiFe3sSJxxbEqGRzyAwFMJ64kJEkm9pjXsp8vV6PxWWqaKelICbnxfy+krvpgUNqfj+Xt4mtV/WxCDgZQ/al1FlVF48TnMrNGE2uASobQpToixdzhimgkK6fkPjJWd5t+4fWB2rJctJ8bYFXPNOWzPA4b02iwtDzTLwzLjp+GW9poXOoa65JJscjH8fSKGrnniicOinG0x+UCrjoeHGa11GpaZZSIDq85y9cF3KKCwK31SscQR2T6KQiErDY05M9xlVMTC02mhBaBLxuxThJGnZpzgLFjpVirTpxLenzcJ83RI0yagojnV1ZiAeCzy+d2w4RsmjBnDzu35oHzzGk6d/MPK5w06kKNXqb4U4OrOPFcJuVsVn4kyVIwrIQ+KWsu9HBc/xlPEh6nCzg3atytkFzdsWTmUzPREy71khEIrphKhxBTaPqLzKGliuwNeoIHlul8soOJPAGfF4jGkDrdJLKQwCd1QNBtBAWbfvTQvAResiIkpOmts0blXDKAIL4KhWbP5wYgfWrlH/XyrNoro3xs/uMGXTkHuW1a/YKycyDDXzrklCmlnzCsChTiyIx9RR2mmXY8nngcLr1QGiLegrovPqxNwwO397jdJ0i7zAXdkOszFCCW+tARRkZDYyx2Xz3fyehBzzL3mTrs01nsNnnYtmLe5gyNfrIk52HDWGpjko2nvv6OKnPfwC+EAEm0JHCdwGPpsZyrcuY3Z71m45nvEYqP3kgXHWykVnzwRk2NlNo/fCOlAloocnxCmoCTHKd4+ZjGg4pgoeYtTJTmsD35WLFvz1EF+CmOJpDiH9YLCDpYyQufZ/6Ye0mxhN9ZY5y3JuVRIz7y+ZGH+sylmFCFzw1ivVHOVnZcxKeQZhlQZqo9IfncvI7q3KoROTH8h9mQOYQ8N1QSYdOleTmk0/PWSEhfckNmBTkXT6hRM2yRa1ITyXU7

image.png.da4f671f599fb18cd80ef83d54f348ca.png

Edited by twozerofoxtrot