Bio Armor Savage Melee Build Advice

meyerwolf406

I actually did better then I thought I was going to lol.  I still cant seem to get to soft cap on Def for S/L at least.  I was wondering if maybe somebody see's something I don't where I can get it from. I'm pretty set on powers but as for slotting feel free to have your way with them. I may tweak the order that I got the powers in later but that's really not a big issue to me.  I rarely solo and would like as much acc as possible but anything else I can live with out.  I leave damage to the ones who do it better.  Not sure if this is a option but if it works maybe even get this build wet in some Hard Mode action.

I Dont Have One Yet - Tanker (Bio Armor - Savage Melee).mbd

Would the +Res proc of Might of the tanker work better in Genetic Contamination sense its ppm is 6 and the recharge of Maiming slash is less the 2 sec.  would it proc more consistent in a toggle then a fast recharging attack?

14 hours ago, meyerwolf406 said:

I actually did better then I thought I was going to lol.  I still cant seem to get to soft cap on Def for S/L at least.  I was wondering if maybe somebody see's something I don't where I can get it from. I'm pretty set on powers but as for slotting feel free to have your way with them. I may tweak the order that I got the powers in later but that's really not a big issue to me.  I rarely solo and would like as much acc as possible but anything else I can live with out.  I leave damage to the ones who do it better.  Not sure if this is a option but if it works maybe even get this build wet in some Hard Mode action.

Not sure I see the merits in pushing S/L Def up on Bio, but depending on what you are willing to sacrifice...

Spoiler

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

• Thumbs Up 1

Its just something I've always tried to do. Never gave it much thought  I only have one other Bio build and its maxed out on that one.  any advice about ins and outs of Bio would be awesome.  Ill sacrifice what ever is needed.  maybe ill run with this and see how it plays and go from there

Edited by meyerwolf406

With the changes to how defense works, I'm not sure that pushing for soft-capped Smashing-lethal damage is really worth it anymore. Where it used to be that an attack that did both smashing and fire damage would check against either fire or smashing defense, whichever was higher, now attacks only have one typed defense they check against.

Smashing/Lethal defense was valuable because almost all attacks had either one or the other but that's no longer the case.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for that information. I must of missed that update because I was not aware that they changed how the damage was checked.  Any advice about +Res proc of Might of the tanker. would it work better in Genetic Contamination sense its ppm is 6 and the recharge of Maiming slash is less the 2 sec.  would it proc more consistent in a toggle then a fast recharging attack?

26 minutes ago, meyerwolf406 said:

Thank you for that information. I must of missed that update because I was not aware that they changed how the damage was checked.  Any advice about +Res proc of Might of the tanker. would it work better in Genetic Contamination sense its ppm is 6 and the recharge of Maiming slash is less the 2 sec.  would it proc more consistent in a toggle then a fast recharging attack?

There are two trains of thought, on this topic.  Some of my tanks take a fast-recharging Tier1 or Tier2 attack, to basically guarantee two stacks, if you're keeping those in your attack rotation, and need them for your max numbers.  The other (which I use on Fire and Ice armor) is put it in a toggle, so when you're in mob groups, it is an "always on" one stack.  Sometimes you'll get two stacks.  My current Bio (Bio/Fiery Melee) strategy is putting the MoT in an early AoE attack (Combustion) and GF in a cone AoE (Breath of Fire).  This is mostly because FSC gets a full damage set.  The build is such that the bonuses (+res and +absorb) are just gravy, rather than needed to be in the calculations for survivability.  Also helps in exemp-ing, as the +res is really helpful, when you go back and do the Posi-s and Synapse...

Edited by PLVRIZR
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

• 2 weeks later

Kept all the same power picks.  Final build not leveling build so leveling would need to pay more attention to when to pick what powers.

Slightly lower fire/cold defense but still over soft cap

Energy/Dark above soft cap

Better recovery, DNA siphon recharge lower than duration.

More HP on top of already higher regen.  This also means the shield from Ablative Carapace has almost 200 more HP as well.  Go for the HP accolades and you will be near 3k HP and over 65hp/s regen even if DNA siphon and Parasitic Aura both manage to miss everything.  

10 seconds faster recharge on Parasitic Aura 

Yes there is a loss of accuracy going with Agility vs Vigor, but you will still be over 95% chance to hit on everything except DNA Siphon if you are running at +4 (after level shift)  That being said, my build with having DNA Siphon hit 1 mob still has better regen than yours if it hits 5.

Tanker (Bio Armor - Savage Melee).mbd

Edited by HelenCarnate