Pet emotes and binds

Shenanigunner

Well, I discovered the hard way that pet emotes *do not work* in binds. I am at a loss as to whether this is a new problem or has always been that way.

/petsayall <emote Burp> works fine.

/macro PB "petsayall <emote Burp>" works fine.

/bind ADD "petsayall <emote Burp>" makes all the pets say "<emote Burp>"...

I have such binds in old MM files and I am pretty sure they worked back then. I thought I had tested this just recently to update the Guide, and it worked. But last night there was a confused Help convo about it and I had to switch to my MM to check... and sure enough, pet emotes don't work in binds. Only in binds.

Can anyone confirm that this did work, in either the distant or recent past? I tinkered around with various quotes, using < and > for the brackets, etc. with no success.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

FOUND A WORKAROUND.

Create your pet emotes as macros. Store them in, say, Tray 9.

/macro PD "petsayall <emote DrumDance>" - move to slot 9/1.

Write your binds to call the macros:

/bind ALT+1 "powerexectray 1 9" (note that it's slot first, tray second...)

Bingo. Until binds are fixed or something.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Just passing along a few favorite pet binds:

/petsay_all <em point>

/macro EvLAUGH petsay_all <em evillaugh>MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ****gasp**** MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

/macro LAUGH petsay_all<em laugh>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ****gasp****AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

/macro SLAP petsay_all <em slap><em smack>

/macro OBEY petsay_all <em nod>Yes, Mistress.  (or Master)

/macro SERVE petsay_all <em Propose> We exist only to serve you, Mistress! <em praise>  (or Master)

/macro FEAST petsay_all <em plot>YESSS!!!!! First the killing, then the FEASTING! <em victory>

/macro BLOOD petsay_all <em roar>Me smell BLOOOOOOD!!!!

/macro KILL petsay_all <em cheer>KILL! KILL! KILL!

/macro SIT petsay_all <em sit on ground>

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

/macro SD "petsayall <emote Drink Enriche>"

Ghost_Widow_Emote_DrinkEnriche.gif

All Demon/* Masterminds are ... encouraged ... to use this macro (it won't work as a bind, only as a macro!) to SHUT UP THEIR PETS.

Use of this macro will effectively SILENCE Demons while they are parked and idle.

/macro SD "petsayall <emote JuggleFire>"

Ghost_Widow_Emote_JuggleFire.gif

If you want your Demons to do something more ... thematic ... instead you can have them (literally) Juggle Fire.

The SD naming on the macro is for SILENCE DEMONS.

You're welcome ...

• Pizza (Pineapple) 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

+1... thousand on that. I groan every time I visit a trainer or store and have to listen to howling or robot clanking.

At least robots only clank when they're moving ...

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

/macro SD "petsayall <emote Drink Enriche>"

Ghost_Widow_Emote_DrinkEnriche.gif

All Demon/* Masterminds are ... encouraged ... to use this macro (it won't work as a bind, only as a macro!) to SHUT UP THEIR PETS.

Use of this macro will effectively SILENCE Demons while they are parked and idle.

I'm sorry to say - this does absolutely nothing - it seems the Juggle Fire emote doesnt work for Demons? In fact they don't react to quite a few of the emotes.

The non-humanoid pets don't respond to all of the emotes. AFAIK, mercs and zombies do, but not robots, demons or of course the animals.

Try any of the emotes in the first post. When you find one that makes your pets be quiet, set it up as a macro, as shown, or...

/macro PSU "petsayall EMOTENAMETHATWORKSTOSHUTTHEMUP"

This will generate a little gray power icon labeled PSU (for Pets Shut Up)

I don't have a Demon Summoning MM, but "/petsayall <em sleep>" works on bots; the Protector Bots wake up to bubble you and the other bots, but it seems to be a reasonable "shut up and stay" command as long as you don't move far enough away to trigger their follow.