Posi I Dopplegangers: Was this supposed to have happened this way?

Dacy

I was duoing Posi I with a friend. They were playing a Radiation/Psi blade tank, I was playing a Fire/Kin corruptor.. When we got to the Dopplegangers at the end of the final mission, there were six of them, and I was very surprised to see one of my "doubles" using Accelarated Metabolism! Dopples.PNG.1f860de3fe45d14676f45b456fdbc218.PNG

You can see in this photo that some of the characters glow with the AM glow, and you can also see that some of the characters are being hit with a kinetic power even as I snapped the shot.

Some of my partner's "doubles" had ranged Psi powers.

So essentially, we saw a mashup of power types and ATs. The tank's character (again, rad/psi blade) appeared as a ranged psi powerset. (Presumably a corruptor with psi ranged powers, although I cannot guarantee that it was a corruptor and not a sentinel; I saw no fx to indicate the secondary set on that  character, but everything is black but the AM glow and the kin buffs, so, not sure.) In the heat of battle with 2 of us vs 6 of them (and the combo of rad and kin is especially potent), we did not have time to fully sort through the power combinations that were present. At least one of the Dopplegangers seemed to represent our power sets as they are on our characters. At least one doppleganger that looked like the tank, instead had the tank secondary as their primary, only in ranged form, and at least one (I actually think 2) of the dopplegangers that looked like my fire/kin corruptor, actually had the secondary power set that was the support version of the tank primary.

Is this mix and match powerset mashup the way this is supposed to work?

-Dacy

I always thought it was a best try mashup of power sets (and costumes) from the era that task force was released and uncertain it ever gets updated.   On a task force when I thought a power set like symphony or a animal mastermind was new the character power set partially or whole was replaced with a generic energy blaster.  I know once a large body was swapped for regular male body too. 

Edited by starro

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Whenever new powersets come out, clones are always troublesome.  Which reminds me, I need to run Posi with my Arsenal on test server.  But it should already have rad/psi tankers in its list of powersets.  You should report that as a bug.

And while it can be annoying, clones generally have access to the full powerset, even if you don't.  Something about spaghetti code and AI cheating.

I'm guessing you were running at x6 and that's why you got the multiples.  I usually run Posi at standard level so +0/x1 if solo or by however many people are on the team.  So I never noticed multiples like in your photo.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/11/2024 at 3:50 AM, Dacy said:

What was the lead player's Notoriety settings?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

On 2/11/2024 at 9:50 AM, Dacy said:

I was duoing Posi I with a friend. They were playing a Radiation/Psi blade tank, I was playing a Fire/Kin corruptor.. When we got to the Dopplegangers at the end of the final mission, there were six of them, and I was very surprised to see one of my "doubles" using Accelarated Metabolism! Dopples.PNG.1f860de3fe45d14676f45b456fdbc218.PNG

You can see in this photo that some of the characters glow with the AM glow, and you can also see that some of the characters are being hit with a kinetic power even as I snapped the shot.

Some of my partner's "doubles" had ranged Psi powers.

So essentially, we saw a mashup of power types and ATs. The tank's character (again, rad/psi blade) appeared as a ranged psi powerset. (Presumably a corruptor with psi ranged powers, although I cannot guarantee that it was a corruptor and not a sentinel; I saw no fx to indicate the secondary set on that  character, but everything is black but the AM glow and the kin buffs, so, not sure.) In the heat of battle with 2 of us vs 6 of them (and the combo of rad and kin is especially potent), we did not have time to fully sort through the power combinations that were present. At least one of the Dopplegangers seemed to represent our power sets as they are on our characters. At least one doppleganger that looked like the tank, instead had the tank secondary as their primary, only in ranged form, and at least one (I actually think 2) of the dopplegangers that looked like my fire/kin corruptor, actually had the secondary power set that was the support version of the tank primary.

-Dacy

Hi Dacy,

was your diff setting maybe x6 ? That would explain why there was 6 of em, and the game fills it up with what it thinks its best. Same happens when someone leaves or Quits TF while this mission is started already.

Funny thing is in Morty Kal SF we did a run with 6 players set to x8 and in the Cutscene with Positron in last mission  2 chars of our team was doubled (Team Leader and my char in that case) so it filled us up to the set x8 diff setting with selecting to double randomly 2 of our Group for that Cutscene 🙂 .

Greetings

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server