mid TF post/rant

Snarky

okay, they are not a bad group... but as a corr i am the only damage class -aoe  2 scrappers, 3 trooll, a dom, a fender and me.  slow going in an adm sutter.  and now they are hand cleaning the final map on the way to the durays...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

27 minutes ago, Lunar Ronin said:

Sounds like fun, and a good mix for Admiral Sutter.  The three Controllers and Dominators can lock down Primal Duray so he doesn't teleport all over the map.

Yeah, my run thru of that with my Dom, I think there were two of us? and all the tough guys just stood there as we wailed on em, all the way through.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

25 minutes ago, Lunar Ronin said:

Sounds like fun, and a good mix for Admiral Sutter.  The three Controllers and Dominators can lock down Primal Duray so he doesn't teleport all over the map.

They must have realized how long the journey would take.  After I hovered above them and typed that out they headed to Duray.  And as you predicted locked both down.  The lack of AoE hurt in some fights but a large amount of that TF is singular hard targets, that even grouped are usually not in one AoE.  So it was a pretty good team.  A little crazy sometimes.  But we finished in a hair under an hour. 

• Like 2

Speaking of, Snarky, I saw you recruiting for a tree spec earlier just as I had to log off, how'd that go?

Edited by Clave Dark 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

21 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Speaking of, Snarky, I saw you recruiting for a tree spec earlier just as I had to log off, how'd that go?

Surprisingly well, but like most SF/TFs these days….just a bit odd.  

So, we started off.  And only one oerson (besides me) headed to Cap to hunt CoT on a Treespec 1.  There were some other indicators that the team was loosely connected to getting things done efficiently.  They were trying… sometimes too hard.  Heading into the final mission tunnels no one stayed at the door. Yet they also did not stay together. Two deaths. ATT and as i am posting “clear room 1st” they start on vines.  I am like “ okay, we try vines 1st” and it went okay.  Just odd. 

I led a lot of “ odd TFs” today like Mort Kal and Oper Renault and saw a lot of good hustle… and a lot of green lol.  Or maybe rusty memory probs.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

Surprisingly well, but like most SF/TFs these days….just a bit odd.  [snip]

Sounds like it was just as well I wasn't available.  I've only done that maybe five times so I'd have been just as unfocused (I have no idea what "staying at the door" is about for example).

• Haha 1

Go have fun!

5 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Sounds like it was just as well I wasn't available.  I've only done that maybe five times so I'd have been just as unfocused (I have no idea what "staying at the door" is about for example).

On the treespecs you get to the final mission. Always same map. Very complicated long journey to tree room, filled with CoT and some of their oddest interchange rooms.  If youbdo not have full stealth AND know the route…just stay at the door and wait for ATT 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Snarky said:

Surprisingly well, but like most SF/TFs these days….just a bit odd.

14 hours ago, Snarky said:

I led a lot of “ odd TFs” today like Mort Kal and Oper Renault and saw a lot of good hustle… and a lot of green lol.  Or maybe rusty memory probs.  

I observe the one factor that all these "odd" task forces had in common - you.   😛

• Haha 4

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 2/14/2024 at 12:35 PM, JasperStone said:

I mean, they went after everything like piranhas.

I was with a pickup team doing freakshow. I was the only tank or tanky type. As i run up to a group, the blasters set off AOEs and I can't always, or even usually get aggro.  Then it's my fault when they die.  There's only so much a tank can do, even with taunt 6 slotted with Perfect Zinger and Quills and Genetic Contamination going. There are quite a few people playing who go to the Church of Leroy Jenkins.

Edited by Jimpy
Edited to fix my goof
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

15 hours ago, Jimpy said:

There's only so much a tank can do, even with taunt 6 slotted with Perfect Zinger and Quills and Genetic Contamination going

Most people who don't play melee, I think, don't realize that taunt/damage auras are only about 12ft radius out from a tanker (8ft for others).  When I jump into a spawn, I look to use my biggest AoE first but even that is often only 15ft radius at best.  One reason I am fond of Rad Armor on tankers is for powers like Rad Therapy and Ground Zero which can hit enemies at 30 and 22.5ft radius, respectively, for a Tanker.  Blaster rain AoEs and nukes tend to be 25ft radius and Controller immobs are 30ft.

That said, I don't know if I've ever gotten actual flak when a Blaster or Controller manages to plant themselves for having an itchy trigger finger.  Usually, they know what they did and they eventually learn to keep it in their pants a little longer after the fight begins.