the Fantastic 4

Release date: 25 July 2025

Cast: Pedro Pascal as Reed Richards, Vanessa Kirby as Sue Storm, Ebon Moss-Bachrach as Ben Grimm/The Thing, and Joseph Quinn as Johnny Storm

spacer.png

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-fantastic-four-casting-and-new-release-date-revealed

*So no Jim Halper 😕 😢 

Edited by Glacier Peak
Edit*

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

/\

/    \

/        \

|

|

|

Exactly what I was going to ask.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

4 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Pedro Pascal

That name sounds familiar.  Was he the horribly misused and blandly written Maxwell Lord in Wonder Woman 1984?

*does the Goog*

He was.

Eeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh...

• Microphone 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

What I've seen of Pedro onscreen I like, so understand that I'm not saying he's stupid but he's not the first name that comes to mind when I'm trying to think of actors who can pull off super-genius. Guess that makes this his chance to demostrate that he can act against type.

I don't really know the other three.  I kind of wish they'd found good actors who kind of look like brother and sister, but I guess that's the hair and makeup department's job.

What I'm most concerned about is that this is attempt number...ahem...4...to bring the Fantastic Four to the screen, and as all the others were weak sauce, though to varying degrees. They desperately need a win this time.  The muddle that was Phase...ahem...4 was such a mixed bag that I'm concerned about the F4 and Phase 5.

Specific to the poster: Do the F4 now have a robot in the comics?  That's a mildly interesting wrinkle.  Is Reed Richards going to be the MCU's new go-to big brain now that Tony is gone and Shuri is likely too busy being Black Panther and queen?

Mid-Century Modern furniture: is that a subtle reference to the year F4 premiered?

We like Pedro: Mando, Joel in Last Of Us, Javi in Unbearable Weight... and even Max the manager in Bloodsucking B***ards - all benefiting from charisma by the bucketload.

(Even Maxwell Lord from the misbegotten WW84 was eminently memeable.)

All of which makes makes him very wrong in my headcanon for Reed.

Who may be a superhero and one of the smartest folks alive, but also a bit of a milquetoast personality-wise.

Not Zaddy type.

Really is a missed opportunity to cast Krasinski for reals - and Blunt.

That would have been one hell of a double act...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

No thank you.  Casting Pedro Pascal just cements it for me that this movie is going to suck.  I'm sure he has fans and that's ok, but I personally think he's awful and can't act his way out of a wet paper bag.  His performance in WW 1984 made an already terrible movie even worse. 

Also seems like this is going to be a period piece?  Which means yet another multiverse setting of some kind or other silliness.  Honestly, the MCU is dead at this point.  This is going into the "maybe watch it once its available on streaming for free if there really is nothing else even remotely interesting on" category. 

1 hour ago, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

Really is a missed opportunity to cast Krasinski for reals - and Blunt.

I could not agree more. 

• Haha 1