Photobombed Another Players Mission Unteamed

CapedCanuck

Excelsior server about 11:00pm UTC.

I was soloing Steven Sheridan's story arc "The Organ Grinder" with my hero Super Fred. When I entered the mission door in Crey's Folly, I found myself in another players mission. We both entered our missions at the same time because the first thing I saw was the other player fly down the tunnel in front of me. I don't think they even knew I was there. I think the other player was also soloing.

The Crey's Folly screenshot shows the coordinates of the mission door I entered.

I took a screenshot and exited the mission. When I re-entered the mission I was on the right map by myself.

screenshot_240214-15-09-38.jpg

screenshot_240214-15-36-58.jpg

Edited by CapedCanuck
Additional Information

Odd thing is, the bug doesn't even require you to enter a mission at the same time as the other player. Back when CoV still only let villain characters get to level 40, my Ninja/Dark MM had just completed clearing an instance map of all enemies and was going back to the mission entrance/exit when I ran into a full team of 8 other players that had just entered my mission and were trying to find their targets to fight. It was a... surreal... experience.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Rudra said:

Odd thing is, the bug doesn't even require you to enter a mission at the same time as the other player. Back when CoV still only let villain characters get to level 40, my Ninja/Dark MM had just completed clearing an instance map of all enemies and was going back to the mission entrance/exit when I ran into a full team of 8 other players that had just entered my mission and were trying to find their targets to fight. It was a... surreal... experience.

I remember doing this as a villain and snagging something, maybe a badge, that was hero only at the time. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Once upon a time when COV was first announced, there was speculation that hero’s and villains on opposing sides could be assigned an opposite faction as their “arch nemesis” and basically accomplish what happened here.  Basically, appear in the others’ missions as an arch nemesis and duke it out.  Then that rumor was dismissed as just being a PVP Zone/Arena “marketing speak” kind of thing, as many players would have howled in anger to be “forced” to PVP in their PVE missions.  

But when reports of this bug first surfaced, I always wondered if it was some errant piece of coding that had been written specifically to allow two different players to instance inside the same door mission expressly to setup this kind of ‘forced PVP.’

I for one would have LOVED this as a feature.  But alas…just a bug.