Allow VEATs to start as banes/crabs or night widows/fortunatas

I'm not asking for the VEATs to start at level 24, but to optionally be able to select to be a bane spider, crab spider, night widow, or fortunata, right from character creation.  AFAIK, even doing their story arc content doesn't differentiate between which path you've chosen anyway, so it shouldn't impact anything there... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

If it gets rid of the forced respec at 24, I'm all *for* it.

It might be more impactful on the Bane/Crab side as far as your "career" (starting as a regular foot soldier, then specializing) but ... yeah, starting out as what you want to be? Yes, please.

• Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 hours ago, biostem said:

but to optionally be able to select to be a bane spider, crab spider, night widow, or fortunata, right from character creation. 

As long as it stays just that, an option, I'm fine with it. I personally rather like starting out as a nobody foot soldier in Arachnos that isn't happy with where the character is and tries for the "greener grasses" of being a Destined One, and working my way up to an enhanced/superior member. (Though I do have some concepts that would have been better suited as starting already a crab, for the most part I prefer to make my way up the chain.)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Rudra said:

As long as it stays just that, an option, I'm fine with it. I personally rather like starting out as a nobody foot soldier in Arachnos that isn't happy with where the character is and tries for the "greener grasses" of being a Destined One, and working my way up to an enhanced/superior member. (Though I do have some concepts that would have been better suited as starting already a crab, for the most part I prefer to make my way up the chain.)

Most definitely as an option.  That being said, I have seen many VEATs that head to Pocket D right away and switch to hero-side, so I could easily see their having stolen whatever equipment or otherwise "acquiring" the necessary training to progress without the greater Arachnos organization...

On top of it... I do a lot of the SoAs as "huntsmen" type builds, rather than Bane or Crab, so when I hit 24 it's ... forced respec to get to exactly the same place I was. Just extra annoyance I'd love to see go away.

• Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

This is a good idea.   SWTOR did something similar by removing it's entry classes and allowing you to start in your final class right away.  Was a good change there, would be good here.  And 24 is a weird level for the switch anyway.  With Soliders -> Banes and Widows -> Fortunatas, you are basically starting a new character as the playstyle changes drastically.

13 hours ago, biostem said:

Most definitely as an option.  That being said, I have seen many VEATs that head to Pocket D right away and switch to hero-side, so I could easily see their having stolen whatever equipment or otherwise "acquiring" the necessary training to progress without the greater Arachnos organization...

I have a VEAT who literally has this as her backstory.   A psychic who stole the Fortunata training telepathically and then escaped back to Paragon.

• Thumbs Up 1