Adding stuff to GM drops without fixing spawn rates was just idiotic.

Lumen

So a group of 8 of us each ran the Operation: World Wide Red arc via Oro individually to coordinate a mass Kronos spawn in Talos.  We were 0 for 8 in spawning him, so whatever changes have been put into place to correct Adamastor, it looks like it totally broke the ability to spawn Kronos in Talos.  Talked with a few others in game who had a similar result since this patch went live.  Seems like this change broke more than it fixed. 

Is there any "official" word on whether or not spawning multiple Babbages and Kronos Titans via coordinated teams considered an "exploit" now?  Would be nice to know so we can all avoid wasting our time any further on these activities. 

Edited by Excraft

13 hours ago, tidge said:

The Goliath Warwalker in Boomtown has a one hour waiting period before it can be summoned.

Deathsurge can be summoned, but the mobiles necessary to summon it are few in number and spread all over the map.

Caleb can be summoned, but it is on the day/night clock.

The Grim Vale event is on a two hour cycle, but only from the time when the last mobile from the previous event has been cleared.

Pretty much all the other open world zone-specific giant monsters are on a four hour cycle, from the time when there spawn conditions have been met.

I was in the process of making a Goliath/Kronos buster when the update was announced. I may still finish making it and see what happens. I'm not hopeful. My current hunters did not have the DPS. I have summoned and soloed Deathsurge at least three times, and the process is not fast. Caleb I have soloed once. I'd rather attempt to summon Caleb than Deathsurge. I have soloed the Grim Vale event though that would take me close to 20 minutes.

Fun fact, I used to get Kronos drops when I was soloing Giant Monsters. I could be in Boomtown, fighting Babbage, and Kronos would somehow appear knowing where to find me. This happened many times UNTIL I started hiding my location. And then I never saw Kronos appear at a solo fight ever again.

• City Council

27 minutes ago, Excraft said:

So a group of 8 of us each ran the Operation: World Wide Red arc via Oro individually to coordinate a mass Kronos spawn in Talos.  We were 0 for 8 in spawning him, so whatever changes have been put into place to correct Adamastor, it looks like it totally broke the ability to spawn Kronos in Talos.  Talked with a few others in game who had a similar result since this patch went live.  Seems like this change broke more than it fixed. 

Post in the bug forum if you haven't already.

It's unlikely this is related to the Adamanstor change, but it was a huge patch so there's always a chance something went awry.

27 minutes ago, Excraft said:

Is there any "official" word on whether or not spawning multiple Babbages and Kronos Titans via coordinated teams considered an "exploit" now?  Would be nice to know so we can all avoid wasting our time any further on these activities. 

These are fine. They require a meaningful amount of effort.

Scrapyard is not, because he can be respawned every 1-2 minutes with minimal effort if enough players are participating. Even if you don't consider it an "exploit" (I'd say it's borderline), it's definitely an abuse of the system.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

This Scrapyard "exploit" has been around for a long long time now.  Seems like a Monstrous Aether problem, not a Scrap problem so I hope whatever this fix address those drops and not Scrappy.  He's needed for an accolade and, as of the day before p7 it was helpful to be able to gather some teammates, kill enough striking workers then get Scrappy.  Maybe do it again if folks were of a mind to do so.  Wasn't deemed to be exploitative then and it was the same behavior.  The only difference?  Monstrous Aether.

Edited by Hedgefund
  • Thumbs Up 3

53 minutes ago, Excraft said:

A lack of Kronos spawning was reported here, so it might be what happened to your spawns.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hedgefund said:

This Scrapyard "exploit" has been around for a long long time now.  Seems like a Monstrous Aether problem, not a Scrap problem so I hope whatever this fix address those drops and not Scrappy.  He's needed for an accolade and, as of the day before p7 it was helpful to be able to gather some teammates, kill enough striking workers then get Scrappy.  Maybe do it again if folks were of a mind to do so.  Wasn't deemed to be exploitative then and it was the same behavior.  The only difference?  Monstrous Aether.

The fix is to lock Ghost of Scrapyard's rewards for eighteen hours.  You can still continously spawn him.  You'd just get very little for it, unless you switch characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

Post in the bug forum if you haven't already.

It's unlikely this is related to the Adamanstor change, but it was a huge patch so there's always a chance something went awry.

I see @Yumichan beat me to it already for the bug report.  I tried this a couple more times today and this does look to be bugged with regard to the Talos location.  I'll put my findings into the other thread.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

These are fine. They require a meaningful amount of effort.

Good to know.  Thank you.

On 2/23/2024 at 4:41 PM, Zhym said:

At least they're exploiting the new content.  The first time I logged in after the patch went live, It wasn't 30 seconds before I saw someone in LFG looking for a fire farm.  All that new stuff—and still, there are people just doing fire farms.

Its crazy right! Like they’re playing their preferred content. Thats wild innit?

/sarcasm.

I swear to god I hate this community so much sometimes. Why is it always a big deal when people want to farm?

Edited by Seed22
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|