Arsenal Control/Assault replace Tri-Cannon with Assault Bot

Omega9

Please not the Auto Cannon power from Devices. No one takes that. If they do they never use it. City of Heroes has evolved such good pets over the years, have Tri-Cannon be some kind of robot. It can do the same damage and even be called Tri-Cannon, just not the Auto-Cannon animation. What kind of Pet is that for a Dominator or Controller in City of Heroes 2024?

Also, are those damage figures right for Trip Mine? They seem too low in the pip.

• Microphone 1

2 hours ago, Omega9 said:

Please not the Auto Cannon power from Devices. No one takes that. If they do they never use it. City of Heroes has evolved such good pets over the years, have Tri-Cannon be some kind of robot. It can do the same damage and even be called Tri-Cannon, just not the Auto-Cannon animation. What kind of Pet is that for a Dominator or Controller in City of Heroes 2024?

Also, are those damage figures right for Trip Mine? They seem too low in the pip.

Trip Mine got gutted, you can"t compare it to the Blaster version. The removed the interrupt and brought into line with the our aoe dmg powers and now it does only Fire dmg.

I didn't really like the whole set on the test server.  As I wrote there, that may simply be because I am biased because I play a Huntsman (Arachnos Soldier/Bane) and even if the comparison is a bit of a stretch, this one hits like wet noodles. There you have the beauty of Venom Grenade, followed by a Frag Grenade and then you can demolish anything in close combat with Pulverize, Shatter and Crowd Controll. 

I played Arsenal Control with 3 other sets, Fire, Sonic and Savage and all 3 perfomed for me better then Arsenal Assault *shrug 

Tri-Cannon is a good, very tough, pet. The changed it a little bit in the beta. It's not a beauty and certainly not a control pet, but stick it against some big opponent and the 80% resist and additional resist and a taunt can work very well. So no it"s not the device pet, just compare the stats.

pet.jpg

I would feel more like other Controllers/Dominators with a special pet. Assault Bot or similar would do this. Maybe include it as a power appearance selection at the tailor like your rifle's appearance.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

While Beta testing someone suggested to replace Tri-cannon Pet with a Nemesis Jaeger Type Pet which i consider is a great idea. Im talking from my ignorance about programming and implement this Jaeger  Pet in Arsenal Control.. no idea how hard would be. But i really think this change will separate Arsenal from the rest and would give it a unique touch to the set.

• Thanks 1

We ultimately get what the dev team can provide, but I would admit that running a Dom with a Robot pet as a “sidekick” has all sorts of fun thematic potential.  I tried the 1-pet MM builds, wasn’t a fan of it personally, but on a Dom?  That could be a LOT of fun.  Of course then I’d want /petsay emotes and chat binds to work on it also which would really be asking for a lot.

I certainly like the gameplay with Tri-Cannon. Keep that as is. Maybe it would be possible to switch the Tri-Cannon to a robot at the tailor. We can't do that yet on any archetype as far as I know, maybe something to consider for the future. I guess I'll get robot pet after level 50 for my character concept.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later
On 2/26/2024 at 10:51 AM, serxiom said:

While Beta testing someone suggested to replace Tri-cannon Pet with a Nemesis Jaeger Type Pet which i consider is a great idea. Im talking from my ignorance about programming and implement this Jaeger  Pet in Arsenal Control.. no idea how hard would be. But i really think this change will separate Arsenal from the rest and would give it a unique touch to the set.

A Jaeger pet would be pretty cool, but for my toon I'd prefer the Mek Man, Clockwork, or Vanguard Mini-VAS from the S.T.A.R.T. vendor resized 3 - 4 feet tall.  Imagine having all four pet choices similar to how we get to choose which weapon our Arsenal toon uses!