New MM powersets I think would be fun!

I love this idea, I'd add a Longbow version for heroside too. 🙂

edit: or maybe PPD? And you could do clockwork/warworks for goldside?

Edited by Random Robot
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Minimal FX Everything!"

I love this game. I'm eternally grateful that it was brought back.

"It's not enough that I win, somebody else has to lose" is not the attitude of a Hero.

6 hours ago, Sharpshade said:

Arachnos MM

The Crab Spider Arachnos Soldier has robot spider pets. That's probably the closest we'll get without them adding another Epic Archetype. There is also some issues if you switch Alignments. I can see Widows and Mu Sorcs going Rogue but not Hero or Vigilante (at least not enough to justify an MM type archetype). The same problem with Longbow or PPD.

Praetorian Clockworks can work since we've seen how vulnerable they are to hacking in lore, but I think it would work best as an Epic Archetype. Maybe one based on the PPD Shell's Hardsuits (with the arm mounted gatlin guns) that get Clockwork robots as pets. A Warwork version of the Archanos Soldier.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Grave Knight said:

There is also some issues if you switch Alignments

SoAs can switch alignments without issue, and if you take one of the PPPs, you can still utilize the associated pets without any problems.  That being said, I think putting the energy toward MM pet customization, which could include various enemy faction minions, would be a better approach.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, biostem said:

SoAs can switch alignments without issue, and if you take one of the PPPs, you can still utilize the associated pets without any problems.  That being said, I think putting the energy toward MM pet customization, which could include various enemy faction minions, would be a better approach.

Yes, but in that case it's merely stolen technology instead of stolen people.

18 minutes ago, Grave Knight said:

Rogue Arachnos exist. Also Soul and Mu mastery would allow even an alignment-swapped SOA to summon live people (a Widow and Striker).

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, biostem said:

That being said, I think putting the energy toward MM pet customization, which could include various enemy faction minions, would be a better approach.

I could live with longbow skins for my mercs or arachnobot skins for my bots.

• Thumbs Up 2

"Minimal FX Everything!"

I love this game. I'm eternally grateful that it was brought back.

"It's not enough that I win, somebody else has to lose" is not the attitude of a Hero.

2 hours ago, Grave Knight said:

Are you forgetting about the various widows or Mu mystics you can summon with Ghost Widow & Scirocco's pools?

1 hour ago, biostem said:

Are you forgetting about the various widows or Mu mystics you can summon with Ghost Widow & Scirocco's pools?

On that note, being able to customize those as well would be nice. Even if there were a limited subset of bodymeshes and skins to pick from (to reduce need for animation alterations)  it would be a vast improvement in player agency over their character theme.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, OverkillEngine said:

On that note, being able to customize those as well would be nice. Even if there were a limited subset of bodymeshes and skins to pick from (to reduce need for animation alterations)  it would be a vast improvement in player agency over their character theme.

Being able to customize any of the MMs would be nice. Probably difficult to program though. Would love it if we could have Earth Prime Clockworks as an alternative to Robotics.

• Like 3

Some MM powerset ideas that I would like to see:

• Halloween Monsters:  summons 2 zombies and witch, a pair of werewolves, and a vampire.  Player attacks are flaming pumpkins like the Firbolg of Croatoa throw.
  • Redcaps:  standard array of minions, lieutenants, and a boss.  At least one of your attacks should be the ability to hurl one at an enemy the ways bosses can.
  • Coralax:  standard array of minions, lieutenants, and a boss.  Player attacks are water blast.
  • Spirit Summoner:  ghosts like the glowing green civilians in Croatoa... but maybe ghost pirate lieutenants, and a new unique one for the boss... or the giant spectre from Circle of Thorns.  Maybe give the player sonic attacks so you could screech like a banshee.
  • Coven:  standard array of minions, lieutenants, and boss witches.  Player attacks are storm blast attacks.
  • Hydra:  spawn, proteans, and man o' war... throw in a power similar to Thugs -> Gang War but with tentacles instead of thugs.  Give players toxic blast attacks.
  • Crime Circus:  basically just use Carnies as pets and rename them.  Player attacks would be the fire and those various rings that the Carnies toss at us.

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 2

I like the Circus idea, but I have been wanting to see a Clown specific MM.  I was also wanting to get a few Clown costume pieces (clown nose, flower that can shoot water for fun, etc.), but I could see some other Circus themed costume pieces as well. The addition of circus/clown emotes would be fun (I know that many of the existing pieces and emotes already exist, but additions could flesh it out.)

Just dreaming...

• Like 1

I'm for both allowing customization to existing sets (eg: Banished Pantheon and Vahzilok for Necromancy) as well as new sets for more themes.

Bouncing off of Player2's post:

Elementals: fire, ice, and electric sprites for t1; stone and wood golems for t2; elemental for t3; I'm apprehensive to say a swap ammo mechanic applying to the whole set but maybe to the t3 as the set's special gimmick

Knights: two bowmen and a priest for the t1, knights (mace, axe) for the t2, and a crusader (titan weapon sword) for the t3

Mad Science: generic faceless minions in uniform for t1, lab assistants (radiologist and cryogenecist) for t2, and a superhuman experiment for t3; customizable as Crey

Time Police: time cops for t1, watchers for t2, and a fate for t3

Wasteland Survivors: your typical post-apocalyptic desert-wastelanders; junkers for t1, berserk ravagers for t2, and an irradiated/mutant for t3

• Like 1

To risk being labelled a bit of a Heretic...wrongfully as I went because a good friend from Live was a Dev and invited me.  There is an Elemental Pet set out there...with 4 of the first tiers instead of 3...using the Same gremlins used my Electrical affinity as the forms.  As for tier 2 and 3 I never got into much....but iirc tier 2 were Light and Dark akin to Peacebringer & Warshade power type....mainly for damage type and visuals.  Never got to tier 3 as the High Mucky there decided took offense at not being the authority on things.  (Though more like my not liking to have my buttons pressed...but no matter.  It was his server and he can have it.)

What little I played it..it was entertaining...as their was much about the "Lore" to make it both magic and tech themed.

On 2/25/2024 at 1:57 AM, OverkillEngine said:

At the very least, I'd like to at the very least use the 'Warburg' rogue Arachnos alternate colors for most of those, since many of those models already exist, and no extra texture work would even need to be done.

20 hours ago, megaericzero said:

Wasteland Survivors: your typical post-apocalyptic desert-wastelanders; junkers for t1, berserk ravagers for t2, and an irradiated/mutant for t3

I like the idea of this just a mix bag of Survivors, and maybe each minions is different. You could fit in a junky Looking medic bot, some animal, mad scientist, etc

• Like 2

On 3/1/2024 at 9:54 PM, TheMoneyMaker said:

what about an animated object set with some of the things from Nightward like the floating swords?

I love this idea. Not sure how you'd do the upgrade appearance change. Maybe swap for more elaborate models? Hmm. Regardless, 100% here for a floating arsenal at my command. XD

15 hours ago, Night of Dragons said:

I love this idea. Not sure how you'd do the upgrade appearance change. Maybe swap for more elaborate models? Hmm. Regardless, 100% here for a floating arsenal at my command. XD

Add auras

Does there need to be an change to appearance with upgrades?  If so, then yes, adding auras to them would be a good way to go.

Start with basic floating sword pet, basic upgrade could add a glowing aura to it to show its increased power, and if you want to get fancy an additional upgrade could add a travel power aura... perhaps Radiant or Rainbow.

32 minutes ago, Player2 said:

Does there need to be an change to appearance with upgrades?

I would imagine yes inasmuch as it functions as a visual queue for which henchman have which tiers of upgrade.

On 3/3/2024 at 4:12 PM, Night of Dragons said:

Maybe swap for more elaborate models?

10 hours ago, TheMoneyMaker said:

Add auras

You could do both - have one upgrade make them more ornate and the other give them an aura.

• Like 1

We probably have enough vanity pets in game to get one or two Beasts Mastery sets. Coyote, lioness, Lion (male).  Could have the lioness be a liger too.  I wouldn't mind seeing more variety here, just that is some models we have right now.  I'd like to see a "dark" set too, with the current Dark Wolf, Shadow Hound, and maybe the Spirit Panther.

Also maybe demons could be customized to summon some demons that are people, with bat wings and various "evil" looking clothes (i.e., use the costume creator).  Also might be able to work some of the Nerva spirits and daemons and such in there.

Human henchmen could be almost anything, from in game groups to new stuff made up with the costume creator.  I'd like to see a Syndicate skin for Thugs, personally.

14 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

We probably have enough vanity pets in game to get one or two Beasts Mastery sets. Coyote, lioness, Lion (male).  Could have the lioness be a liger too.  I wouldn't mind seeing more variety here, just that is some models we have right now.  I'd like to see a "dark" set too, with the current Dark Wolf, Shadow Hound, and maybe the Spirit Panther.

Also maybe demons could be customized to summon some demons that are people, with bat wings and various "evil" looking clothes (i.e., use the costume creator).  Also might be able to work some of the Nerva spirits and daemons and such in there.

Human henchmen could be almost anything, from in game groups to new stuff made up with the costume creator.  I'd like to see a Syndicate skin for Thugs, personally.

We have demons... why not devils?