Savage Melee to shred or not to shred

Cpt. Caveat

Posted this in Tank by accident and got some info I needed.  
I got a lvl 26 SM/bio that I took hemo and shred on.  I’m now pretty confident I can get by without hemo but wondering if I should drop shred too?

Savage leap is my only other Aoe so I don’t really know if there is a viable rotation for aoe without shred, but if I do keep it I’m not sure if I should pop it before max stacks to prevent exhaustion or if it’s only worth popping at 5 stacks

Skip Shred, get Rending Flurry, man! 

It's not terrible to lose your stacks for a time. They grant recharge and end reduction, not damage. Flurry is a great AoE that can cover a lot of area when unleashed at full Fury. When you get more global recharge Leap/Rending/Epic aoe if you have it is dandy for aoe.

• Like 1

I had originally taken shred instead of savage strike. But if I drop hemo for savage flurry, I also assume I need to replace shred with savage strike to give me another quick hit and way to get stacks. 

I can open with leap for 3 stacks then maiming for one more.  But I would have to AS to get to 5 to pop a fully loaded Rending Flurry so my guess is savage strike would need to be weaved in when AS or Leap were charging.

When I have a snipe to fill in gaps I may not need it as much but feel like recharge to get Leap back up is the name of the game

I took Shred for my "BAMPF Melee" stalker, because another AoE is always useful, especially once I've hopped into the center of another group.  I don't use it all the time, but often enough that I don't regret it.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝