Icesphere builds

icesphere

Hello, I have been an avid player of City of Heroes Homecoming since April 29th 2020 and have been playing regularly since. I have made hundreds of characters and have tried out as many powers as I can aside from mostly Masterminds and Warshades. I have tried my hand at making builds, but had a very low understanding of the game mechanics and was just sort of winging it. Thanks to the very helpful folks from this community I have learned and expanded my own understanding of the game and my playstyle has changed alongside my builds to better help with my performance as a player. I have seen a lot of people reaching out on discord and have tried to give them assistance on power picks, why I chose them and why my builds are set up in their own way. It was suggested to me that I should create a dropbox for those looking for builds whether they just wanted something that was going to do well on paper, what powers were selected or skipped or maybe just to see other ways people used their enhancements on certain powers for a different point of view. The ones below in the dropbox only go back as far as October of 2023 because I am always trying to learn and sometimes I will pick up new ways of building and that was as early as I can recall my builds needing to be where I wanted them. Either way, I finally went ahead and created a dropbox that is available for all to look through and download onto their Mids Reborn file.

My builds tend to lean into what the respective Archetypes are while also trying to make them viable for damage. Such as tankers trying to hit key survival number whether they are geared towards resists, so I am for resists and HP due to no defense debuff resists, or particular defensive softcaps for those needed to be defensive sound. All this while trying to have survival where it needs to be, without going overkill, and then focusing on damage usually as to not make people feel like they are stuck to one role and they can help the team with added DPS. The builds are typically named as their archetype following the powers selected, however, some have some notes after that to specify if they are made for someone specifically at the time or if they were created with caveats (more range def, farmers, ECT). And of course feel free to message me on discord if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you all for your time and hope to meet you in Paragon!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/hwx82vd3r8hrdog2qpz2s/h?rlkey=3r5ul8przukc2sx69udgb6ed7&dl=0

Edited by icesphere
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'll vouch for the quality of Icesphere's builds as well as his willingness to help anyone with just about anything. Meta, theme, safety blanket of capped resists and defenses, doesn't matter, Icesphere has you covered.

• Like 1

This is awesome, thanks for doing this.  I found a shield/SS tanker build you had posted in Discord around October last year.  Do you have that one saved? I didn't see it in the dropbox. I've been trying to work out what all the enhancements are but have been unsuccessful.

• 1 month later