Arachnos Soldiers and Widows...in Praetoria?

So, I'm one of "those" people who have more alts than I care to count. Most are level 50. I can't be sure, but pretty sure it's over 150 level 50s. And, yes, at least 125 of them leveled from 1-50 doing content, not in a farm. 

In any event, I have never played a crab before. I mean, I'm crabby, but never been a crab. 
So, I look to make the new crab play goldside, and well...I can't. It's not an option. 

Now, this probably saves me from making a terrible mistake. I'm sure there's a reason. No idea what it is, but I trust there's a reasonable explanation. 

And, further examination reveals that not only are veats unable to begin in praetoria, but heats are also prevented from starting there. 

It probably has something to do with starting contacts and lore, but I just thought I'd suggest they be allowed to start in Praetoria. 

The reason is the same reason why a Kheldian character can't start red side or gold side. The Kheldian HEATs are Hero Epic ArcheTypes, so they must start blue side. The Arachnos Soldier and Widow VEATs are Villain Epic ArcheTypes, so they must start red side. Currently, there are no PEATs.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pure lore reasons:

To make VEATS a viable option, we'd need to put them in undercover from the Rogue Islands.  Instead  of Calvin or Marchand giving you undercover missions, maybe Kalinda would be the voice giving you options.

For HEATS, Ms. Liberty would probably be the best option.

This does collide with the Neutropolis missions where you discover stuff about primal.  So, there's a lot to write around to make that feasible.   A PEAT would be good.   (PEAT MOSS?)

Yeah... It's hard to have Kheldians and Arachnos operatives start in Praetoria if they just don't exist there (Khelds and Nictus never brought their war to Praetorian Earth, while Arachnos never rose to power there). Were these archetypes to actually get a chance to be there, they'd need some serious reflavoring.

FWIW, you can take a HEAT or VEAT character to gold side at level one or two via Pocket D and SG bases, and street sweep and join others' teams.  But that'd be pretty boring, and good luck finding a gold side team.

But yeah, HEATs and VEATs are limited to starting in their respective side for lore reasons.