No outleveling missions

I suspect I missed many interesting stories because my level is now too high. I have risen by some levels fighting villains on sidewalks, and on Indomitable in particular leveling-up is quick. Many of my contacts, even new faces, have no leads for me, probably because I am supposed to have moved on to other areas. But I like Kings Row and Steel Canyon more than, say, Talos Island or Faultline. Why should I fight the Tsoo there when I don't care about the Tsoo? As if every hero is indifferent to who he spends his time opposing. Just because those places' street thugs are not a challenge for me anymore is no reason I couldn't help the residents in need when they are kidnapped, threatened, raided and so on. I could get some random missions on police radio, but there are no stories there - no writing. So, instead of contacts keeping mum they should explain, and each in his own idiom, that there is only small-time work left, but that the character is free to lend a hand. This fair warning will take care of the problem where the villain group in question doesn't have lieutenants and bosses powerful enough to challenge the player - if this really is a factor. Besides, the level of the mission depends on chosen difficulty. Crank it up high, and basic creeps will make your hair stand on end.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, temnix said:

So, instead of contacts keeping mum they should explain, and each in his own idiom, that there is only small-time work left, but that the character is free to lend a hand.

I'm Peregrine Falcon, and I approve this message.

• Like 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

17 hours ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Outleveling content is especially annoying Goldside.

to be fair there is sooooo much pre 50 content its very easy to outlevel content on any side.

I turned XP off once and I still missed content lol

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

19 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

yup, welcome to the club.

for now oro is your friend

its a bit lonely and problematic

but you can experience most of the lore there

The most problematic part of Ouroboros, to me, is the complex physics pertaining to Schrödinger's arc completion flags. If you do an entire arc via flashback, you'll receive the reward, get a completion star and see some changes to the overworld if phasing is involved... but the contact's relationship level won't be saved, they won't be moved to inactive, and they'll respond to you with their "not introduced" dialogue instead of the "no more missions" one. It's as if I have simultaneously done and not done the arc, which is an extreme pet peeve of mine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Honestly, some days it’d be fun to just snag some grey-conned missions and do a flex, even if there’s no xp/inf involved.

Some days you just wanna see your sweeping cross send half-dozen mooks rag-dolling across the room with zero threat.

I mean, seriously, who would actually say this?

Superman: “I’ll stop that gang attack on a civilian office building!”

Police Sergeant: “No, that’s beneath you. Go check in with the Chief in uptown to see if Metallo’s crew is up to something.”

• Like 3

On this note, I don't think I'm the only one who gets annoyed by the police scanner/newspaper arbitrarily declaring you don't care about events in any zone you outleveled. I really wish these generic mission pools went all the way up to 50, so that players who've done all the content wouldn't have to sit in Peregrine Island forever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vic Raiden said:

The most problematic part of Ouroboros, to me, is the complex physics pertaining to Schrödinger's arc completion flags. If you do an entire arc via flashback, you'll receive the reward, get a completion star and see some changes to the overworld if phasing is involved... but the contact's relationship level won't be saved, they won't be moved to inactive, and they'll respond to you with their "not introduced" dialogue instead of the "no more missions" one. It's as if I have simultaneously done and not done the arc, which is an extreme pet peeve of mine.

That's very frustrating, yes — though also difficult to figure in the case of mutually exclusive arcs, which are rare but do happen. 

Though my big concern is how unfriendly ouro is to difficulty spikes in content. If you encounter a boss of some kind that you absolutely can't clear and weren't expecting, you can't just call for help mid-ouro.

Not needing to depend on ouro so much to see content would reduce this. 

Edited by Sunsette
  • Like 3

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

A few praetorian chains end up in actually removing a contact from an opposite chain in the world. Ouro would have to negate that change while it is active, which it already does, but i could see it getting more complicated and finicky if it also has to change the world state outside of ouro.

More of an "I am trying to be cautious about requests" than a "this will not work" thought. 

• Thumbs Up 2

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!