Suggestion: Text consistency for Stun/Disorient

Stun/Disorient consistency  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should the game text be changed to make Stun/Disorient consistent?

• Don't change anything.
    • Make everything say either "stun" or "disorient", I don't care which.
    • Make everything say "stun".
    • Make everything say "disorient".

I've seen a number of newer players getting confused about this in recent times, usually along the lines of "My power says it does disorient but I don't see any disorient enhancements. What do I do?"

I would like to suggest that the in-game text be made uniform to call all of these effects either "stun" or "disorient" in power descriptions, enhancements, and anywhere else it comes up. 

Please vote in the poll to let me know what YOU think.

• Like 6

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

pffft next thing you know people will want accuracy and tohit buff clarified

(p.s. its, me I don't get it. people explain it and I just nod my head while my brain goes error 404)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

I'm more talking about a simple text change than can fix this confusion, i.e. replace all of the "disorient" descriptions/names with "stun" (or vise versa). Mez protection vs. resistance and accuracy vs. tohit clarification would require more explanation (although they should still be done) than simply replacing a word in text.

Also, I want more people to vote in the poll, so I'm posting this to bump the thread. 😛 

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs, with a 4th in the works!

19 minutes ago, Shocktacular said:

I'm more talking about a simple text change than can fix this confusion, i.e. replace all of the "disorient" descriptions/names with "stun" (or vise versa).

We're asking for similar things. Where you're asking for two redundant terms for a single mechanic to be consolidated, I'm asking for two different mechanics that are erroneously sharing one term to be clarified. Especially since mez protection already has its own term; the game just doesn't use it in power effect summaries.

1 hour ago, megaericzero said:

We're asking for similar things. Where you're asking for two redundant terms for a single mechanic to be consolidated, I'm asking for two different mechanics that are erroneously sharing one term to be clarified. Especially since mez protection already has its own term; the game just doesn't use it in power effect summaries.

True, they ARE similar, but I'd think that stun/disorient would take less effort to fix (a simple search-and-replace in text). I'm starting with a low bar to see if there's any traction here. However, I DEFINITELY agree that some further clarification of game mechanics would be highly beneficial, especially to new players.

• Like 1