Ambrosia inspiration doesn't work on the Eden trial

Dev7on

Hey, Homecoming Team. We did an Eden trial and Crystal Titan is still damaging the players even when we use Ambrosia. It might be bugged and I want you guys to take a look at it, please.  

• Like 1

Yeah, see this there where it was reported before. - 

I'm going to try to get some testing done on it.  Something is clearly broken and has been broken since Page 3 went live two and a half years ago, just so few people are doing it that it has only been reported a few times since.

Ambrosia never stopped all damage from coming in.  It only prevented the Titan from one-shotting you.  You still need to use other inspirations, buffs, and debuffs.  And squishier toons always needed to out of range of the foot stomp due to lower HP caps despite Ambrosia being up - if these means flying, then so be it.  But generally, the melee ATs can handle it - Tanks and Brutes more so due to more HPs - but they still need heals and regular insps on top of Ambrosia.  This has always been the case even back on live.

• Thanks 1

All righty.  I did a series of tests on Brainstorm.

Eden Trial at +0x1, no Ambrosia:

TitanWithout.webp.fc51e5ac044ce88f8a126d9c83490790.webp

Eden Trial at +0x1, with Ambrosia:

TitanWithPart01.webp.beffd5e6830999246bc4d802b5de3c1b.webpTitanWithPart02.webp.2cd0b4ac38e6971e6199cb81fefb963c.webpTitanWithPart03.webp.a7265c70cba330491642a42b493dac6d.webp

Master of Eden Trial at +0x1 with Ambrosia:

TitanWith-Master.webp.e889d4074c99f2139dc4a8c57cddd412.webp

So the Ambrosia inspiration does seem to be working as intended.  Still, that's an absolute crapton of AoE damage, all in rapid succession.  

1 hour ago, Frozen Burn said:

Ambrosia never stopped all damage from coming in.  It only prevented the Titan from one-shotting you.  You still need to use other inspirations, buffs, and debuffs.  And squishier toons always needed to out of range of the foot stomp due to lower HP caps despite Ambrosia being up - if these means flying, then so be it.  But generally, the melee ATs can handle it - Tanks and Brutes more so due to more HPs - but they still need heals and regular insps on top of Ambrosia.  This has always been the case even back on live.

No, Ambrosia never did stop all damage from coming in.  But something changed over the past couple of years.  The Crystal Titan is now much more lethal than he was.  As you can see from the logs above, he does an absolute crapton of AoE damage, all in very rapid succession.  You didn't need to fly before Page 3.  No, I don't think most melee ATs can handle that 1,998.11 points of damage in about five seconds.  Stalkers and Scrappers certainly can't, some Brutes can't.  Tankers are about it.

Edited by Lunar Ronin
  • Like 3

I figured it out.  

In the Page Three patch notes, which can be found here:

2024-03-27_21-39.thumb.png.59f073609b2b34ef8b1769351b432c48.png

So, yes.  The Crystal Titan is in fact much more deadly than he was prior to Page 3, because defense is now useless against his unique damage.  In fact, I didn't see a single missed roll from any of the Crystal Titan's non-unique damage either.  I don't think that this is working as intended, but I'll run some more tests.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

All right, so I did another Eden Trial on Brainstorm this morning.  This time with Personal Force Field up in addition to Dispersion Bubble, Hover, Maneuvers, and Weave, giving myself 141.12% ranged defense, 130.49% melee defense, and 119.23% AoE defense:

2024-03-28_08-51.webp.3245053ada96b8c4c445d9cd9824aa6b.webp

2024-03-28_08-54.webp.e3e6ae6f1795a2559a57bb9fda1aa947.webp

As you can see, Crystal Titan spammed his Prism Blast attack, but not once did it show anything about the Energy damage.  So while the attack roll does not display in the combat log, there must be an internal roll going on, all of which missed due to PFF.

So the end result: Everything about the Crystal Titan is working as intended.  Ambrosia inspiration works fine.  The Energy damage from Prism Blast is not autohit, nor is the Smashing damage from Foot Stomp.  What has changed (intentionally), is that all of the Crystal Titan's Unique DoT damage is now autohit.  That's a lot of damage that adds up very quickly.

That's why the Eden Trial is much more lethal than it used to be, and why it seems to be run less frequently than it used to be, (which wasn't much to begin with).  I know that I'll probably never run it again unless I want the badge for some reason.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yes, it's a shame that this trial is the way it is.  I love it and wished it was more and could not be sped-run.  Then maybe it would be worth more merits and more attractive to people to run it.  I remember early on live running this a lot.  It was worth a decent amount of merits and nearly took the full 90 mins to complete until someone found holes in the walls to TP through.  Then it was non-stop speed-throughs and when the devs went checking completion times, they nerfed the merits.  I think it was to 9 initially, and then a 2nd nerf happened to 7 merits, which it is now.  

When they made the trial stop ex'ing you down to lvl 41 (you could then run at lvl 50), there was even a bug/exploit where the team could be lvl 50 but somehow the critters inside the mission were lvl 41.  I think that eventually got fixed allowing critters inside to spawn at the appropriate team lvl now.  But this didn't help improve the trial any.

But, holes got plugged, we got stronger with incarnates, the GMs/spawns attacking you during wall fights became laughable and ignored, and people only ran the trial for the badge - which is rarely.  Still holds true now.

I don't think the auto hit of unique damage is any factor at all in people not wanting to run it.  There are ways around it - like the run I was on the other day... we didn't use a single Ambrosia.  We had a mind Dom perma confuse the Titan and we didn't take a single hit and dropped the Titan in seconds.  Clever, but disappointing as I like challenges and this wasn't a challenge.  

Unfortunately, the mechanics of the entire trial is not challenging enough, making the corresponding reward low - and thusly, no one is interested in either so it's not run.  You'd think an easy Titan-O would be reward enough to pull people to farm them in this easy trial, but nope.  My team was lvl 50 and I got a lvl 48 Titan-O at end.  So, that is still an issue too.

• Like 2