How to slot Umbra Beast from Dark Control?

JnEricsonx

On 9/22/2020 at 1:39 PM, Dragonsworn said:

...uh.  Am I the only one that six slots Dark Servant with 2 Peroxisome Exposure, 1 Endoplasm, 2 +5 level 50 Heal IOs, and the Cloud Senses damage proc?

I would say probably yes.

Edited by Doc Ranger

A bunch of toons. Global DocRanger

All on Excelsior. 

• 4 weeks later
On 6/25/2019 at 6:20 AM, Coyote said:

I agree. ToHit Debuff is the best slotting for Dark Servant, but it can be argued for someone that slotting for Heals is also useful. I would NEVER suggest to slot an ACCURATE Heal set in it, because then the Accuracy only benefits the Heal, not the Tenebrous Tentacles or Petrifying Gaze... you get more benefit by putting a generic Accuracy IO in there since it helps more powers than just Twilight Grasp. But slotting up the Heal does make sense, because this is one case where you can actually rely on how it uses it.

Are you sure about this?  (I'm honestly asking, not being snarky.)

Looking at the powers of my Fluffy on my Dark/Dark Controller all of the powers appear to be getting the Accuracy enhancement from every IO despite using only Accurate Healing and Accurate ToHit Debuff sets.  For example:  Fluffy's Tenebrous Tentacles lists its accuracy as modified from 100% to 164% while Twilight's Grasp is listed as being 197% (up from it's 120% base).  If these numbers aren't accurate then that's a bug either in the implementation or the reporting of the numbers.

Edited by csr
Missing parentheses

That's actually a good question. I don't know.

There is a parallel case, but it has some differences: if you slot a Knockback damage proc into Creepers, it can only fire when the vines do a knockback attack, not when they fling thorns. Similarly, a Hold damage proc in Singularity will not fire on Lift and Crush, only when it uses Gravity Distortion. So... proc IOs are limited by the type of power that the pet uses.

But I don't recall reading about a test done specifically to see if ENHANCEMENT slotting can benefit a power from an IO that normally couldn't be slotted in that power. You may be right and enhancement slotting for Accuracy may benefit all of a pet's powers regardless of the kind of IO set used. I assumed that they are limited the same way that damage procs are, but they do actually work in different ways, so... maybe they're good.

13 hours ago, Coyote said:

That's actually a good question. I don't know.

There is a parallel case, but it has some differences: if you slot a Knockback damage proc into Creepers, it can only fire when the vines do a knockback attack, not when they fling thorns. Similarly, a Hold damage proc in Singularity will not fire on Lift and Crush, only when it uses Gravity Distortion. So... proc IOs are limited by the type of power that the pet uses.

But I don't recall reading about a test done specifically to see if ENHANCEMENT slotting can benefit a power from an IO that normally couldn't be slotted in that power. You may be right and enhancement slotting for Accuracy may benefit all of a pet's powers regardless of the kind of IO set used. I assumed that they are limited the same way that damage procs are, but they do actually work in different ways, so... maybe they're good.

I think they are.  I'll try to remember to test it when I get a chance.

• 2 weeks later