TPN Terminals

I have been told "The Devs" changed something long ago and now there is no benefit to trying to activate the terminals in a TPN trial at the same time. My Google-fu is failing me, though, on any official or even unofficial notice of this. Can anyone help with a reliable source for this?

I recently tried to find a popmenu to run TPN badge runs, and finding none (but a wealth of information otherwise) I created my own and posted it here. If there really is no benefit to activating the terminals at the same time I want to modify my popmenu and that post accordingly.

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

I'm working from memory here but there were a few missions in TFs and trials where certain terminals/objects had to be activated simultaneously. This includes Virgil Tarikos finale, Clamor finale in Penny Yin and a couple of others that I don't recall including TPN.

It became next to impossible to coordinate that, especially if someone dropped from the team so the mechanic was (rightfully IMO) changed to allow them to be clicked sequentially.

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

According to the Homecoming Wiki, the Television Addict badge mentions that it requires completing all four terminals in all three buildings.  It doesn't mention anything at all about "simultaneously" or "near simultaneously."  According to the wiki article history, it never did.  I suspect that the "simultaneously" part is a myth from live, like many parts of CoH "knowledge."

Edit: I also checked the Homecoming Wiki's entry on TPN Trial strategy, and it too mentions nothing at all about the terminals being clicked simultaneously, strengthening my belief that it's just a myth from live.

Edited by Lunar Ronin
  • Like 2

The first time I ever did a Faathim the Kind TF was on Freedom back in '04, there was a bug and all the glowies were invisible. Many were also simultaneous clicks(yes these used to be ones which HAD to be clicked at about the same time). Took us 11 hours over 2 nights and in the end there were I think 5 of us left when we completed the TF.

Edited by Mopery

Those times you saw no footprints, I had Fly toggled on.

6 hours ago, Lunar Ronin said:

According to the Homecoming Wiki, the Television Addict badge mentions that it requires completing all four terminals in all three buildings.  It doesn't mention anything at all about "simultaneously" or "near simultaneously."  According to the wiki article history, it never did.  I suspect that the "simultaneously" part is a myth from live, like many parts of CoH "knowledge."

Wow... Mandela would live if he hadn't died in prison!

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

The league is teleported outside of a building when three of its terminals are activated, with a several second delay usually.  Each terminal gives 30 points when activated.  If the league activates the third and fourth terminal at the same time, they can get an extra 30 points before being teleported out.  This can sometimes result in that phase of the itrial being one building visit shorter.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.  Retired raid leader.

On 3/30/2024 at 6:35 PM, Veracor said:

The league is teleported outside of a building when three of its terminals are activated, with a several second delay usually.  Each terminal gives 30 points when activated.  If the league activates the third and fourth terminal at the same time, they can get an extra 30 points before being teleported out.  This can sometimes result in that phase of the itrial being one building visit shorter.

Yes, that was always my understanding of the mechanic as well. So it was always easier to do the standard count down (like you already do, Oklahoma, because I have been on many of your Itrial raids) to get the full benefit. That said, I have never tested it, either...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Turric said:

Yes, that was always my understanding of the mechanic as well. So it was always easier to do the standard count down (like you already do, Oklahoma, because I have been on many of your Itrial raids) to get the full benefit. That said, I have never tested it, either...

Yeah, based on what @Veracor said, and not seeing any solid evidence to the contrary, I think I'll continue to do the countdown to try to get credit for all 4 terminals. I'm not sure what you might gain in time by activating 3 terminals as soon as they are accessible is offset by having to potentially visit another building.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

@Oklahoman

In TPN there has never been a requirement or badge for clicking all 4 terminals simultaneously. But it is possible to get ejected from the building without clicking all of them.  Just make sure that doesn't happen by moving the mobs away from terminals as fast as possible (fold space, pull, etc to defeat them elsewhere) so you can eliminate the single terminal guy and click the terminal as fast as you can.

The only iTrial that has something that DOES require simultaneous clicking for a badge is Dilemma Diabolique with the spires, but even then, you still don't have to.  There is a rather large window of opportunity to still get the badge in DD without simultaneously clicking them.  As the league works on the 1st spire, a few individuals go ahead of the league and removes the mob around the next spire, and then ignores the spire and just moves onto the 3rd, 4th spires.  The league just follows along behind only dealing with the spire (and hopefully no one draws aggro from additional mobs causing the spire to be unaffected again), until all 4 spires are down.  You'll still see "badge challenge failed" flash across the screen, but at the end after the 4th spire, you'll then see "badge challenge successful / complete the trial to earn" (or something like that) flash on across your screen noting you earned it.  (I am guessing this has something to also do with the "no simultaneous clicking" rule applied across all content - I do not know for sure.)  But if you do take too long, of course, you will fail.  We do this all the time successfully on Torch.