GM defeat protocol

On 3/29/2024 at 12:46 PM, Ukase said:

So...this isn't really the end of the world. But, I know this happens to people quite a bit. 

I was on my character "Massive Man". Fun character to play. Even have some short jokes in a few macros, because I used some prismatics for the mini-me costume. I'm in Ouro, trying to decide if I want to do some McIntyre missions, or some Maxwell Christopher. I see the event message about Kraken in Perez. I immediately use my LRTP and I'm in Perez. It took me all of 15 seconds to find him. 

But...I'm level 43. I know from experience, I don't want to be exemplared if I'm 50, just give me or another 50 the star, or pick one of my missions. (if I have one. At 50, I tend not to have any missions, except old ones, saved for a specific purpose. But I digress) 
Now, you can see below, it's a pity there aren't seconds in the time stamps. Because it was less than 40 seconds between the event message and my typing /loc to then cut and paste it into broadcast chat. 

Note the time of the reward. Easily, within 2 minutes. At the slowest possible time to find and kill him, 2:28:01 he spawns, and 2:30:59, he's defeated. 
So, certainly no more than 3 minutes. Is this how we do things now? You can see two players looking for kraken. I mention I'd invite, but I'm only 43. I get an invite from someone, and I warn them that someone is ambitious and starting already. Before I finish typing that sentence, Kraken is half dead. I have no idea why anyone with a team of heroes brings out a lore pet, but it looked like we were doing Really Hard Way with all those pets. 

In any event - I got my lick in for the loot, but no badge. So, I have to try again later. I get it. 
But why are we/they in such a damn hurry? It's not going to cost anyone to wait a couple of minutes for a few more folks to zone in. Not everyone is going to have access to Perez with LRTP like I do. There might have been some lower level characters wanting a shot, too. 

I don't know who started in on him. It took me by surprise. I barely got a shot in before he was dead, and I feel like I'm the one that found him first. 
I know there's no solution, but I'm sharing this so maybe, someone will wait a few minutes for other folks to get there. That's all. 

image.png.1fa76cb684c4dfed5b8d0f234a99b1f0.png

I will take a different take on it.  This may not apply to you.  I hate people join for killing these things, but they are in another zone.  We are sitting around waiting for them.  Just one minute they have to finish something.   Screw that.  Don't join if you have something more important to do that this.

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

On 3/29/2024 at 4:14 PM, Ukase said:

I go out of my way to not use lores because I figure the slower we go, the more chance some stragglers have to maybe get a hit in. 

And yeah, I'm not a patient guy either. But, to me 5 minutes is a fair amount of time to wait for someone to notice the event, travel to a train or sg port, and pop in zone. Another 90 seconds, and I wouldn't have thought twice about it. I just feel bad for the folks who arrived in what I consider a timely fashion only to learn the GM is down already. 

Five minutes isn't much time.  But what if in that five minutes they haven't done any movement towards the zone?

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

8 hours ago, wjrasmussen said:

Five minutes isn't much time.  But what if in that five minutes they haven't done any movement towards the zone?

if you're in a mission and you see the announcement, and are trying to finish the mission before you go, I agree, 5 minutes isn't much time. But, to my mind, it's enough time to get to any zone you want to get to. I can probably make an alt, and get to any zone I want in 5 minutes. Granted, I'd use the random costume generator, and I'd have to make a pit stop to START/p2w for a jet pack, but since there are no GMs in the shard (aside from Halloween) I think 5 minutes is plenty. 

Atlas to Ouro to Echo:DA only takes a minute. (then you broadcast and take another 30 seconds to get to the elevated platform where Adamastor is) 
The far reaches of Nerva to Croatoa for a Rogue would also only take a minute. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

. i meet a lot of one dimensional players who only seem to have the urge for “now! now! now! now!” and little depth to chat or act as a team

It’s the TikTok generation.

20seconds.  
Scroll.  

20seconds.

Scroll.