Option for removing the "pom pom" effect of Dark Blast's Soul Noir visual style

Like the title says, it would be nice if there were an option like that. Call it "Soul Noir No Pom" or something.

I did a search but couldn't find any other suggestion post about it. My apologies if I missed it.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

You get some really nifty effect pairing the soul noir pom poms with energy melee pom poms

plus the disorient aura+EM disorients stack pretty well too

iirc the soul noir fx have 3 things

glowing eyes

pom poms

and an internal shadow ribbon

there are other soul noir powers that do not have the pom poms but do give the ribbon

but all soul noir pom pom powers (omg i cant believe i wrote that) include the glowing eyes

so if the glowing eyes is what you are after 

glowing eyes is standard setting for most auras

I realize this isn't what you truly desire but its a workaround for the moment.

I do like the soul noir stuff and honestly think dark armor has the best visual effects in the game. (sticks tongue out at energy armor)

if my assumption about the glowing eyes is incorrect can @Szaahdis please elaborate on what specific effect they are looking for?

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

Posted (edited)

@Saiyajinzoningen  Um, no you are reading way too much into it. I'm not looking for a workaround to some issue, I would just like the option to have the Soul Noir visual style of Dark Blast (and maybe the other Dark sets as well, because why not) without the pom pom hand effect. Hence the suggestion.

Edited by Szaahdis
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

You get some really nifty effect pairing the soul noir pom poms with energy melee pom poms

Being a fan of Energy pom poms, I'd never thought of that, it may be time to make a new toon!

That said, I still support the suggestion 100%, because I find myself never taking them otherwise because I don't want my hands to disappear like that.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

5 minutes ago, Szaahdis said:

Usually when a person quotes someone else's post like your post looks to be, the quoted post is retained so readers know what you are talking about rather than it looking like you are trying to make it seem as if the quoted person said something (s)he/they didn't. If you just want to reference someone? You can just type @ followed by their forum name, and their name will be highlighted and they will get a message telling them they have been mentioned.

(Edit: Because you chose to delete the quote you chose to insert your own comment into it, my quote of your post is blank because your post does not have anything outside your "quote", so the forum gives a blank quote for there not being anything there.)

Edited by Rudra

Posted (edited)

Yes there was some weirdness going on there, not used to the forums. But I did @ the one I was responding too, so I don't think it's too confusing.

There, edited the post.

Edited by Szaahdis

Gotta second this.  Just logged into my Dark/Ice defender and Shadowfall has the same huge pom poms on the hands.  Some ideas:  Just change the transparency to 50% or a little less, that would let us see through the effect and make it less severe looking.  This would probably help the really heavy "ground fog" effect of Shadowfall too.

Or maybe draw the SFX in such a way that the character model is drawn "on top" of the SFX.  Some SFX work this way I think, like the Leadership pool.  Those SFX seem to surround the character rather than be drawn on top of the character.