Suggestion for next year's Mapserver events

Have the Mapserver events occur simultaneously in one blue, gold, and red zone. This will spread out the leagues and maybe reduce the lag.

In this the last round, two or more full or almost full leagues were in the same zone, which completely killed the server response. I was waiting for double or triple recharge time for powers to activate. And of course, the exp also suffered. That is even with particles off and a good internet connection.

The development team would know if this is better or worse load-wise on the back end.

• Like 1

On the other hand, I'd rather it didn't because it was a good excuse to expose people to zones on different sides.  I just avoided whatever zone the Mapserver event was going on in.  If you make it blue, red, and gold simultaneously, no one would leave a blue side zone.  May as well make the event blue side only.

• Thumbs Up 1

What if we changed it so what appears in the zone is just a portal, and when you go through it you join in an instance of the "Matrix room" where the actual event is going on? Basically, all the events become instanced and maybe that doesn't turn a zone into a lagfest?

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Oklahoman said:

What if we changed it so what appears in the zone is just a portal, and when you go through it you join in an instance of the "Matrix room" where the actual event is going on? Basically, all the events become instanced and maybe that doesn't turn a zone into a lagfest?

Just have the flying toaster/pigeon/duck drop people into the portal.

12 hours ago, Lunar Ronin said:

On the other hand, I'd rather it didn't because it was a good excuse to expose people to zones on different sides.  I just avoided whatever zone the Mapserver event was going on in.  If you make it blue, red, and gold simultaneously, no one would leave a blue side zone.  May as well make the event blue side only.

I would definitely go to red or gold to get away from the lag. I think it would be easy enough to convince players that they could get better exp by moving to a less laggy zone.

However, I do think having the transported to a "Matrix" room is a better solution. That would require a lot more dev work though.

• Like 1

Another suggestion:  This event obviously lacked badges --especially for the crazy powerful giant monster.  I think what would be funny is if the giant monster got the badges for each character it's killed on a given shard, or at least for the past 24 hours if too many would bog down the system.  So when we right-click and select Info on the GM, we'll see a bunch of badges and all of them will have unique names of the people that it's stomped to death recently.

Then when people complain "Where are the badges?"  We can tell them there's LOTS of badges... just none for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

That would require a lot more dev work though.

They've got a year, what else have they got going on?

/s

• Haha 1