How Big... CAN IT GO????

So, I have made an ugly Rogue Isles Arachnos themed base.  Or am constructing it.  Bulk base construction done.  Ugly, big, villain tech.  yeah.  The crowd goes wild.  (19 stories up...)

but wait, there is more.  Slap in a TP point and go under.  I paneled the wall (just one 'side' so far.  three walls a roof and a floor to go. all the way down with base editing panels.  Then put huge island rocks.  One "wall" done.  

Plan is for a giant underground cave, hollowed out.  Very similar to final map in Ice Mistral Crystal of Serafina, except Island rock.  Now there is a definite vertical "floor"  You can build below this and even slightly go below this.  But if you put a TP point 10 ft too low you are stuck.  

But Horizontally?  Not that I flew forever, but there seems to be a HUGE amount of leeway horizontally under the base.  Anybody know the details, the pitfalls, and the tricks for getting a giant base bottom?

ps.  final plan is a giant mostly open cave room.  Will have CoT Arcane style leges and decorations.  My own little orange bagel.  And my vampires hidden apt/cave with workshop/tele

Mayhem-19149

Edited by Snarky

I'm not sure there are any pitfalls, necessarily, except for the extra work involved.  As far as I know, you could theoretically build all the way up or down or across, within the build space, though there's a maximum number of objects you can have in a base, so you're going to run up against that, eventually.  The size and shape of the rooms set limitations on the build space too, of course.

1 hour ago, Triumphant said:

I you could theoretically build all the way up or down or across, within the build space

yeah.  i should probably be asking how big this is...

You cannot build horizontally past the plot of of the base.  Every item must attach to the plot's vertical space somehow.  Like, you can attach a corner of a huge rock to the edge of your plot and have it extend outward, but you cannot place anything on that outward edge of the rock.  

As an example, here is a pic of my base.... you can roughly see the max plot size where the city is and the lock running through it.  All the water and rocks on the outer edge are attached to the edge of the plot, but I can't place anything in the water or on those rock because those portions are not above or below the plot lines.  However, you can see in the upper right corner, an island I have floating above it which is over the plot.  I also have several islands floating under the main island all the way down to the invisible floor of the space.  (You can see that in the second pic of all my isles.  all are above or below the plot.)

I hope this helps?

Base code:  STA-8822 (Torchbearer)

image.thumb.jpeg.eea0393d453f4e50ea7d00b67591dd66.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0ec474c012926073ba88c7404458f2b0.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

You cannot build horizontally past the plot of of the base.  Every item must attach to the plot's vertical space somehow.  Like, you can attach a corner of a huge rock to the edge of your plot and have it extend outward, but you cannot place anything on that outward edge of the rock.  

As an example, here is a pic of my base.... you can roughly see the max plot size where the city is and the lock running through it.  All the water and rocks on the outer edge are attached to the edge of the plot, but I can't place anything in the water or on those rock because those portions are not above or below the plot lines.  However, you can see in the upper right corner, an island I have floating above it which is over the plot.  I also have several islands floating under the main island all the way down to the invisible floor of the space.  (You can see that in the second pic of all my isles.  all are above or below the plot.)

I hope this helps?

Base code:  STA-8822 (Torchbearer)

this makes sense and helps a lot.  so, underneath i can fly a long way horizontal, but not do anything.  i honestly havent checked if we can fly out above "ground" level.  

It may seem like i sm trying weird stuff, but i like to explore what can / cannot be done.  with mpre work than I will put into it you could create "pockets" that are accessible by arranging island rocks.  but can only go there and not place anything there.  as i now understand it.

about a 1/3 done creating the giant cave pit beneathe the base.  then slap in some kitsch and call it "Free Oranbega"

11 hours ago, Snarky said:

this makes sense and helps a lot.  so, underneath i can fly a long way horizontal, but not do anything.  i honestly havent checked if we can fly out above "ground" level.  

It may seem like i sm trying weird stuff, but i like to explore what can / cannot be done.  with mpre work than I will put into it you could create "pockets" that are accessible by arranging island rocks.  but can only go there and not place anything there.  as i now understand it.

about a 1/3 done creating the giant cave pit beneathe the base.  then slap in some kitsch and call it "Free Oranbega"

Correct.  You can fly horizontally for practically forever.  But there is a ceiling and floor to the space. 

If you click on my second pic, above the top island, there is what looks like a smudge in the photo - it's actually a floating stargate that has a plane flying through it.  That is where the ceiling is and a toon can't go any higher, but you can still place objects above it.

The bottom island - the bottom 1/3 of it is actually below the floor of the zone.  So, you can build below it, but you cannot access it.  You can actually turn off fly and run around on the invisible floor.  🙂  

And I did also make some caves, grottos, and hidden areas within those rocks and the city.  So, totally doable!  Have fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another big push today.  Got the underbase "cavern" completed.  Of course I still need to decorate it.  Which will take forever lol.  But constructing it was not a walk in the park

• Like 1