When did HC get the new launcher?

I've was using the old launcher on my old computer.  The icon looked like a trash can.  It was a bare bones launcher.

But installing new on my new computer, it has a new blue and black HC logo, and the launcher looks more professional with a nice blue color, patch notes listed, and shard status.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, if England's New Forest has been called that since the Domesday Book....

One heads-up: The two launchers manage the game file structure differently. If you've been using binds and menus and so forth, the old launcher put/looked for those files in another folder. You now want them in [GAME ROOT]\settings\live.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Microphone 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

1 hour ago, Shenanigunner said:

One heads-up: The two launchers manage the game file structure differently. If you've been using binds and menus and so forth, the old launcher put/looked for those files in another folder. You now want them in [GAME ROOT]\settings\live.

I saved my costume files but didn't know to save my other settings.  So I just had to re-order my characters in the selection screens.

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

I saved my costume files but didn't know to save my other settings.

Yeah. You have to dig for some of the stuff.

I had saved these folders from before the sunset.

Costume

Custom Critters

Custom Villain groups

Mission Arc

powercust

I was able to copy that info into the folders in when I installed Homecoming's version of the game.

I don't know where the chat settings are saved off hand.

To be honest, I can't seem to get it to save the chat settings so that the various Event channels are in the help tab so that they will there when creating new character. I've tried multiple times.

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

I assume somewhere there is a guide to saving settings on an existing character as a default for new characters?

If you change the settings and just back out, it appears to only save them for that character.

There should be a button down at the bottom of the menu window to save the settings.

When I have everything set, I click on that save button on every tab that I have changed something on before closing out the window. 

That's what seems to be going on for me at least.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

I don't know where the chat settings are saved off hand.

To be honest, I can't seem to get it to save the chat settings so that the various Event channels are in the help tab so that they will there when creating new character. I've tried multiple times.

/chatsave and /chatload, writing to chat.txt in the common saved-files area?

Works/shares chat settings fine for my alts.

Not quite sure how this and /wdwsave - /wdwload work for the chat windows, but I am pretty sure the above does both while the window commands just save window size and position.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

18 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

Works/shares chat settings fine for my alts.

Yeah. I'm not to trying to save the chat just the tab setting.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, but it's not that big of a deal to add in the Event channels.

Edited by UltraAlt
edit forgot a word

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

18 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

Yeah. I'm to trying to save the chat just the tab setting.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, but it's not that big of a deal to add in the Event channels.

I might be missing something, but /chatsave includes my added channels. When I checked for the above answer, I was amused to see old, old channels I didn't even know existed any more.

What *exactly* does /chatsave + /wdwsave from a configured alt not pass to /chatload + /wdwload new alt?

1 hour ago, Shenanigunner said:

I might be missing something, but /chatsave includes my added channels. When I checked for the above answer, I was amused to see old, old channels I didn't even know existed any more.

What *exactly* does /chatsave + /wdwsave from a configured alt not pass to /chatload + /wdwload new alt?

You were just missing the word that I didn't add.

"I'm to trying to save the chat just the tab setting." should have read "I'm not trying to save the chat just the tab settings"

Typing too fast. Sorry.

None of the commands save the actual chat contents. Those two command pairs, mostly the first, should save the window and tab configurations.

I'd have to experiment (further than I have) to see how the chat and window saves interact. I think the window stuff just sets the chat window/s location and size, the chat save/load does everything internal to the windows. I'd have to go roll up a new, unconfigured alt to make sure.

ETA: Just ran up a newbie, and my chat windows were pre-arranged probably because I do have chat.txt saved. That should be your complete answer...

Also ran the Chicken Run in about three minutes flat, which was my real objective. Recommended as all new alts' first effort.

Edited by Shenanigunner