Jump to content

QOL Feature: Option for No Temp Powers in Tray on Respec


Recommended Posts

This is a very niche thing but I'm sure it's affected a lot of people with dedicated "mains" that have accumulated many, many temp powers over the years and it can be quite annoying when you decide to respec that character.

 

This would toggle off Temp Powers from auto-adding to your trays on respec, making them behave like powers who haven't become available yet like self-rezzes, Domination, or Vulnerability. The benefit to this option is that on respec, you don't have to cleartray and start from scratch and/or hunt-and-peck for which powers you want to keep. Currently on at least one main I have so many temp powers that it literally crowds out my primary and secondary powers from adding to all 9 trays.

 

Alternate suggestion would be for Primary/Secondary/Pool Powers to have precedence for auto-adding to your bars over temp powers.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Staff of Aesculapius 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

This is a very niche thing but I'm sure it's affected a lot of people with dedicated "mains" that have accumulated many, many temp powers over the years and it can be quite annoying when you decide to respec that character.

 

This would toggle off Temp Powers from auto-adding to your trays on respec, making them behave like powers who haven't become available yet like self-rezzes, Domination, or Vulnerability. The benefit to this option is that on respec, you don't have to cleartray and start from scratch and/or hunt-and-peck for which powers you want to keep. Currently on at least one main I have so many temp powers that it literally crowds out my primary and secondary powers from adding to all 9 trays.

 

Alternate suggestion would be for Primary/Secondary/Pool Powers to have precedence for auto-adding to your bars over temp powers.

 

Here is something I've stumbled on by accident that REALLY helps with respecs.....

 

Immediately after you respec and before you start moving things around in trays.... log off.  Then log back in, and your primary and secondary powers and the appropriate temp powers will be in the same spot in your trays that they were PRIOR to your respec.  Any holes you had previously in the trays will be filled with other temps, of course, like the 5 or 6 sprints if you got them, and etc.... but it's pretty easy to remove just those few.  Any new primary or secondary powers you opt into/swap seem to go in inline with the others of their type too.  

 

I have replicated this with 3 different respecs so far.  Not sure if it's intended.... but it seems to work and is a GODSEND!

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/23/2024 at 2:33 PM, twozerofoxtrot said:

Alternate suggestion would be for Primary/Secondary/Pool Powers to have precedence for auto-adding to your bars over temp powers.

 

Thumbs up, and yes this also.  Primary powers go in Tray 1, Secondary powers go in Tray 2, Pool powers start in Tray 3.

 

Alternately, an option for "remember where my powers are, and put the same powers in the same location" would also be great.  New powers don't have to be added to trays at all with this option, I'll hunt them down and put them where I want them myself.

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Immediately logging out after a respec and relogging puts trays "back to where they were", although it will fill empty spots with temp powers.

 

This suggestion isn't terrible... however there are temp powers that I keep in my trays. Envenomed Daggers for instance, and often Flight packs.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, tidge said:

Immediately logging out after a respec and relogging puts trays "back to where they were", although it will fill empty spots with temp powers.

 

This suggestion isn't terrible... however there are temp powers that I keep in my trays. Envenomed Daggers for instance, and often Flight packs.

 

As I posted above, the temps you keep in your trays for regular use (like the Env Daggers, flight packs, macros, and etc) will return to their pre-respec position in your trays.  It's only the empty spots in your trays that fill with the other random temps you may have.  ...at least this is what I've observed after logging out and back in immediately after several respecs.

 

Again, I am sure this is a happy accidental bug, but still quite useful until something more formalized can be made as the OP asks for.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always do respecs in my SG base, but before I leave I have always organized my trays.

 

Today I did two respecs. I got done with the first one and wanted to go buy something on the auction house. I zoned out of the SG base and while it was loading the zone I realized I hadn't organized my powers....  Meh, oh well I'm just typing /AH anways. Appeared in the zone and noticed my power trays were how they had been before the respec. I thought, Did I cancel the respec?? Did I fail it?? WTaF?? Checked my screenshot from before the Respec and the powers where correct... aside from the two powers I got rid of having the new powers I picked up in their spots. Rest wasn't in a tray and walk was in its previous spot.

 

I did the second respec with the intention of zoning afterwards this time, just to make sure it wasnt something else or a fluke. Afterwards I zoned and since I didn't lose or add any powers everything was just where it was supposed to be.... aside from adding in the prestige sprint alternates and the mentioned walk/rest swap.

 

TL;DR Repec then zone, powers mostly stay put.

 

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just clear the tray after a respec.  On that note, I find it odd that some powers, like the prestige sprints, automatically get placed into your tray when you claim them, but powers like inner inspiration or the support pets do not.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LKN-351 said:

I always do respecs in my SG base, but before I leave I have always organized my trays.

 

Today I did two respecs. I got done with the first one and wanted to go buy something on the auction house. I zoned out of the SG base and while it was loading the zone I realized I hadn't organized my powers....  Meh, oh well I'm just typing /AH anways. Appeared in the zone and noticed my power trays were how they had been before the respec. I thought, Did I cancel the respec?? Did I fail it?? WTaF?? Checked my screenshot from before the Respec and the powers where correct... aside from the two powers I got rid of having the new powers I picked up in their spots. Rest wasn't in a tray and walk was in its previous spot.

 

I did the second respec with the intention of zoning afterwards this time, just to make sure it wasnt something else or a fluke. Afterwards I zoned and since I didn't lose or add any powers everything was just where it was supposed to be.... aside from adding in the prestige sprint alternates and the mentioned walk/rest swap.

 

TL;DR Repec then zone, powers mostly stay put.

 

 

 

Glad to know just zoning will work and you don't have to log off/back on like I was doing.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later
On 4/29/2024 at 11:29 AM, tidge said:

Immediately logging out after a respec and relogging puts trays "back to where they were", although it will fill empty spots with temp powers.

 

This suggestion isn't terrible... however there are temp powers that I keep in my trays. Envenomed Daggers for instance, and often Flight packs.

Really? I'll have to try it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...