SR/MA Tank to tear apart

redcnz

I spared no expense and wanted to get those percentages as high as I could in most my powers. I didn't bother much with resists and chucked my recharge as high as I could get it. I'd figure I'd use Ageless for endurance issues, and unsure about my Alpha slot yet. I'm still leveling this guy so this is a work in progress. As always, I feel I could achieve the results differently if someone more capable takes a look at the build.

Jet Rune - Tanker (Super Reflexes - Martial Arts).mbd

@Red Shadow from Liberty in the olden days

@Lord Rune - Excelsior main

You only need 59% defenses at the very 1% of the content top, so ease up on the 69% (noice) slotting.

Storm Kick has a bad proc chance:

image.png.dbf7618c5d2cf972df02aeff835cfe46.png

If you right click a power to lock it you can hover your mouse over the damage numbers and see the procs breakdown. In this case 29%. But simply swapping the slotting for CAK improves the chance of the proc(s) to go off:

image.png.5c9b8ec7126656c4af500e03dd437c40.png

Slot a shield Wall unique for 5% to all resists

Swap the Ragnorok for full Bombardment as it is full of good bonuses unlike Ragnorok.

You are overslotting for accuracy. Place your enemies' relative level at +3 and then check the accuracy of each power. You're currently at something like 150% where you'd want 95% tops.

image.png.19129823d15a6f5f2e0096559d407275.png

image.png.8dcb661424da99fb6403b15dd5b574c3.png

That means the Kismet can go at the very least and all the extra effort at reaching 9% accuracy with the LotGs can be turned into either Shield Walls for 4% E/N or two Reactive Defenses for 1.5% S/L.

Swap that Hami from Dragon's Tail for a Force Feedback proc.

Replace the Mako's for five Touch of Death for more resists and better bonuses than what Mako gives.

Don' forget to +5 the recharges in Hasten as it shaves about 3 seconds off it. Just before clicking on the recharge to slot it press + five times.

image.png.755fe60af6775a2236b34b775cab2a3c.png

Assault gives you very little. Perhaps 5%. It IS team wide, but 5% sed 5%.

Consider Crane Kick instead of Cobra Strike (actually consider replacing CAK instead as it comes so 'late' in the leveling and it's a minimal damage loss to have a full attack chain before level 20) as Crane Kick is another source of recharge (and soft CC) with a FF proc in it. Crane Kick does need two slots dedicated to nullifying the knockback and then turning it into recharge, but the four slots neatly fit the Superior Might of the Tanker. This is not mandatory of course.

Replace the Hami in Gloom for a Cloud Senses damage proc.

Consider splitting the Superior Gauntled Fist ATO for a meaty 12% to E/N resistances.

You're muling Tough, but actually using Weave. It should be the reverse as Tough gives resistances that you're lacking and Weave is only giving defense you're already overflowing with. With Weave turned off you're still at 61-62% which is still over doing it.

13 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

15% isn't it?

On the tooltip, but hitting something with and without it showed something like a 5% boost.

51 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

15% of base. You did it without damage enhancement slotted?

No, which is why the end result was 5% which was what I was originally speaking of, since no one has no damage enhancements slotted, ne?

15 minutes ago, Sovera said:

No, which is why the end result was 5% which was what I was originally speaking of, since no one has no damage enhancements slotted, ne?

No, but the 15% is additive, not multiplicative, right? Its basically half an SO for you and your team.

And 15% is more than most ATs get. Only Defenders get more, and Controller and Corruptors get the same.

2 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

No, but the 15% is additive, not multiplicative, right? Its basically half an SO for you and your team.

And 15% is more than most ATs get. Only Defenders get more, and Controller and Corruptors get the same.

I understand what you're saying and there is worth in thinking about team wide buffs since the effect is multiplied. But it's still 5% (in practice). 15% I wouldn't even blink about suggesting it or even incorporating it in all my builds, but 5%?

Regardless it's the choice of the player, but I just keep people informed not to be tricked by the tooltip. After that if they wish to still take it then they have my blessing.

23 minutes ago, Sovera said:

I understand what you're saying and there is worth in thinking about team wide buffs since the effect is multiplied. But it's still 5% (in practice). 15% I wouldn't even blink about suggesting it or even incorporating it in all my builds, but 5%?

Solo, probably not worth it. Definitely a team consideration.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Sovera said:

You only need 59% defenses at the very 1% of the content top, so ease up on the 69% (noice) slotting.

Depends on what you are facing here - there are still valid reasons to go above 59.

incarnate content that also does -defense even with the ddr SR provides will eventually cause you to go below 45 here which you will start to feel and eventually a lucky burst could overcome the remaining defense and the scaling resists of a SR. 

That's why I usually build a slight buffer above incarnate softcap 45+14.  Usually to 65 - never above 70 however.  I haven't encountered anything not excessive by design that can bring one down in that range. 

43 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

Depends on what you are facing here - there are still valid reasons to go above 59.

incarnate content that also does -defense even with the ddr SR provides will eventually cause you to go below 45 here which you will start to feel and eventually a lucky burst could overcome the remaining defense and the scaling resists of a SR. 

That's why I usually build a slight buffer above incarnate softcap 45+14.  Usually to 65 - never above 70 however.  I haven't encountered anything not excessive by design that can bring one down in that range. 

Isn't SR night immune to DDR? I never heard of them going down as far as 45%. That would entail a TON of hits for a long time to overcome the 95%-ish DDR (if I recall correctly).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sovera said:

Isn't SR night immune to DDR? I never heard of them going down as far as 45%. That would entail a TON of hits for a long time to overcome the 95%-ish DDR (if I recall correctly).

Unfortunately not immune albeit close, but streak breaker and auto hit powers in combination with that 5% gap allows stuff to eventually get through and slowly cascade - not nearly like primaries without ddr though. 

Easiest way to examine this is to start an ITF solo and watch a group of cims effect on your base defense and then your health shortly after.  Even if you are at 70 they will still eventually drop your health to about 10-20%.  Any content that does -defense will do this.  If your defense is just at the cap going into the encounter it's going to drop faster.

I have found at 65-70 there little chance to break even under the most extreme duress the game can throw - outside of hard mode stuff. 

Edited by Infinitum

2 hours ago, Sovera said:

Here are a couple of in game screenshots to illustrate.

First one even with that much defense gets hit and drops health immediately - nothing to worry about here.

image.jpeg.04844b265c2ca008549ebca953957721.jpeg

Second one - Notice the Base defense after a couple of seconds - as well as the positionals.

image.jpeg.df6fbd62e9305a18b7b1d6573069a2a5.jpeg

Even with that much Defense it still can bend - but wont break - that's about as low as the health will get with those numbers under crazy duress.

Notice this one with Weave CJ and Hover turned off - the base defense isn't showing it there but its after it reached over 5% base lowered as well as the positionals off a few percentages there as well - and the HP bar reflects it.

image.jpeg.7ecda11021c59884c334d8b1d7d64bb0.jpeg

After a few more seconds notice the drop in the positionals as well as the HP Bar - a good burst or unlucky roll here by an EB or several bosses could drop you.

image.jpeg.8b24ea8f439970f3e3cca9ef625f485d.jpeg

That's where I pull my sweet spot of 65-70 from - testing armor break points.

• Thumbs Up 1