Dr. Hetzfeld bug

NoRA

When trying to play undercover as a resistance member among the Loyalists, I was given a mission to meet Dr. Hetzfeld. I did the mission, but he didn't have any missions for me. So I filed a "support" report that it was bugged and made another character to test and make sure it WAS bugged. While I was getting that character up to his level range, GM Willow asked a few questions including what alignment I was,  and I had forgotten that was a thing. So I made another new character on another server to see if THAT changed anything. It did. I think Dr. Hetzfeld is bugged to not give missions to any "Resistance" players, even if they're actually "Loyalist" working undercover.

Edited by NoRA

Yeah, that's not a bug.  You actually have to be the Loyalist alignment and not undercover to get Loyalist Power story arcs, just as you have to actually be Resistance alignment and not undercover to get Resistance Crusader story arcs.

Ok, I doubt that, but maybe I'm wrong, so I'll find another contact to try things with. I DO think it's really weird that I got a mission to go meet him and then he didn't give me the time of day...

1 hour ago, NoRA said:

Ok, I doubt that, but maybe I'm wrong, so I'll find another contact to try things with. I DO think it's really weird that I got a mission to go meet him and then he didn't give me the time of day...

Here's the thing about gold side and its alignments. All it takes for you to be an undercover Resistance member among the Loyalists is for you to complete the tutorial as a Resistance member, then change alignments to Loyalist. Just like you have to be a Villain or Rogue alignment to do red side arcs and you have to be a Hero or Vigilante alignment to do so blue side arcs, as in those are your missions rather than someone else's that you are teamed with, you have to be a Loyalist alignment in order to do Loyalist arcs and you have to be a Resistance alignment in order to do Resistance arcs regardless of what alignment you ended the tutorial as. (Edit: It's just that if you complete the tutorial as a Resistance member and all your morality mission choices after are Resistance, then you are a proud Resistance member. Congrats. If you complete the tutorial as a Resistance member and your morality mission choice after is Loyalist, then you saw the light as Powers Division as far as the Loyalists are concerned but you are a secret Resistance member as far as Calvin Scott is concerned.)

Look at it this way. If you are an undercover Resistance member infiltrating the Loyalists, you don't want to be showing your Resistance affiliation. And each time you do a morality choice single player mission, that is what you are doing. So if your last morality single player mission gold side ended with you choosing the Resistance option, then you are a Resistance member as far as gold side is concerned and the Loyalist contacts won't have anything to do with you.

Edited by Rudra

3 hours ago, Rudra said:

Here's the thing about gold side and its alignments. All it takes for you to be an undercover Resistance member among the Loyalists is for you to complete the tutorial as a Resistance member, then change alignments to Loyalist. Just like you have to be a Villain or Rogue alignment to do red side arcs and you have to be a Hero or Vigilante alignment to do so blue side arcs, as in those are your missions rather than someone else's that you are teamed with, you have to be a Loyalist alignment in order to do Loyalist arcs and you have to be a Resistance alignment in order to do Resistance arcs regardless of what alignment you ended the tutorial as. (Edit: It's just that if you complete the tutorial as a Resistance member and all your morality mission choices after are Resistance, then you are a proud Resistance member. Congrats. If you complete the tutorial as a Resistance member and your morality mission choice after is Loyalist, then you saw the light as Powers Division as far as the Loyalists are concerned but you are a secret Resistance member as far as Calvin Scott is concerned.)

Look at it this way. If you are an undercover Resistance member infiltrating the Loyalists, you don't want to be showing your Resistance affiliation. And each time you do a morality choice single player mission, that is what you are doing. So if your last morality single player mission gold side ended with you choosing the Resistance option, then you are a Resistance member as far as gold side is concerned and the Loyalist contacts won't have anything to do with you.

Now THIS I can say you might have wrong. I HAVE gone to contacts in Nova Praetoria as the "wrong" alignment, and they DO talk to you, because all your contacts initially in Nova are "Loyalist" and they're supposed to be available to everyone. I DID make resistance characters without doing any other "morality" stuff, and still got missions from Cleopatra.

28 minutes ago, NoRA said:

Now THIS I can say you might have wrong. I HAVE gone to contacts in Nova Praetoria as the "wrong" alignment, and they DO talk to you, because all your contacts initially in Nova are "Loyalist" and they're supposed to be available to everyone. I DID make resistance characters without doing any other "morality" stuff, and still got missions from Cleopatra.

Cleopatra is a Loyalist Responsibility story arc contact.

If you're Loyalist, you can do Loyalist Responsibility, Loyalist Power, and Resistance Warden story arcs.  You cannot do Resistance Crusader story arcs, even "undercover."

If you're Resistance, you can do Resistance Warden, Resistance Crusader, and Loyalist Responsibility story arcs.  You cannot do Loyalist Power story arcs, even "undercover."

2 hours ago, Lunar Ronin said:

If you're Resistance, you can do Resistance Warden, Resistance Crusader, and Loyalist Responsibility story arcs.  You cannot do Loyalist Power story arcs, even "undercover."

This is partially incorrect.  You cannot do Power storyarcs undercover in Nova and Neutropolis, but you can do the Power arcs in Imperial City and are even encouraged to by Calvin Scott; this is done by choosing to kill Cleopatra when given the option and becoming a full fledged Loyalist.  Similarly a Loyalist undercover can do the Imperial City Crusader line by opting to let Arvin escape and become a Resistance member, but a Loyalist cannot run Crusader in Nova or Neutropolis.

The infiltration storylines, as intended, are Warden > change alignment > Crusader > change alignment > Warden, and Responsibility > change > Power > change > Responsibility.

• Like 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On 4/28/2024 at 8:57 PM, ZorkNemesis said:

This is partially incorrect.  You cannot do Power storyarcs undercover in Nova and Neutropolis, but you can do the Power arcs in Imperial City and are even encouraged to by Calvin Scott; this is done by choosing to kill Cleopatra when given the option and becoming a full fledged Loyalist.  Similarly a Loyalist undercover can do the Imperial City Crusader line by opting to let Arvin escape and become a Resistance member, but a Loyalist cannot run Crusader in Nova or Neutropolis.

The infiltration storylines, as intended, are Warden > change alignment > Crusader > change alignment > Warden, and Responsibility > change > Power > change > Responsibility.

Thank you. THIS I think you got right, and I got wrong. I had a hard time believing it, but I just outleveled the contacts while trying to play a double agent, and wasn't able to officially switch.

On 4/28/2024 at 9:57 PM, ZorkNemesis said:

You also are partially incorrect. 

You can switch and be undercover in Nova, Imperial, and Neutropolis.  Being "undercover" has nothing to do with warden/crusader or responsibility/power storylines... it is simply switching sides from your original alignment, and then when running arcs from your NEW alignment, you will be presented with opportunities to call up either Calvin Scott or Marchand (depending on your original alignment).  These opportunities occur in all factions:  Warden, Crusader, Responsibility, and Power - and in arcs in all 3 zones.  So...

• If you started Resistance, then switch to Loyalist, and while running Loyalist Responsibility and Power story arcs, you will see Blue text in your mission dialogue prompting you to call Calvin Scott for your "undercover" reporting.
  • If you started Loyalist, switch to Resistance, and while running Resistance Warden and Crusader story arcs, you will see Yellow text in your mission dialogue prompting you to call Marchand to for your "undercover" reporting.

Again, this can happen in all three zones:  Nova, Imperial City, and Neutropolis.  Most don't get to do it very much, especially in Nova, because of out leveling. But if you turn off earning xp at times, you can experience it all.

@NoRA