Save/load power monitor windows

So when I set up certain characters, I tend to want to watch the same things. Or just have a basic "XP to next level, level shift, inf" window.

And of course, with some recent tweaks to what shows up in the power monitoring window, some of my windows have changed - some show "gravity" (which is irrelevant to me,) some do the thing where there are suddenly huge gaps and blank spots where stuff I used to have set up to monitor would be.

Would it be possible to have a /save_monitor (filename) and /load_monitor (filename) like we do for so many other things? (Filename, of course, would be optional.)

(Talking about this window: )

image.png.037b777c5917d93da298fe424a755b50.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Microphone 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I love this idea. With hundreds of alts (and a tendency to make a lot more), there are some things I want to make universal across all my characters, like the UI placement. This would mesh perfectly with that, and make it easier to set up new characters and "fix" older ones when something changes.

6 hours ago, Greycat said:

So when I set up certain characters, I tend to want to watch the same things.

Frankly, having to re-setup the power trays, all the attributes I want to monitor, etc, is the biggest hurdle to getting into a new character, for me.  I can love the concept, the costume, the At and powersets, but having to arrange all the windows/GUI just how I want, can really put me off to the whole experience, so this kind of QoL improvement would be much appreciated!

Posted (edited)

While I think it would be nice to have this built-in, I've made a bind file that has similar functionality that might do what you want it to already.

I made a file called ca.txt in my Homecoming/settings/live folder, so I can load it in-game with /bindloadfile ca.txt. In that file, I have 3 lines:

C "monitorattribute To Hit Bonus$$monitorattribute Damage Bonus$$monitorattribute Recovery Rate$$monitorattribute Endurance Consumption$$monitorattribute Recharge Time Bonus"
shift+C "monitorattribute Ranged Defense$$monitorattribute Melee Defense$$monitorattribute AOE Defense"
alt+C "bind C nop$$unbind shift+C$$unbind alt+C"

In-game, after I've loaded ca.txt, all I have to do is hit C, shift+C, alt+C to have my windows show up as I've set them up. The command on alt+C helpfully unbinds my keys so I don't accidentally turn off the combat attributes I just started tracking.

The exact attributes you want to track are likely different from the ones I track, so check the wiki's page on the /monitorattribute command to find the ones you want to track. The command is a bit weird in how it works.

In theory you could also just save those lines in your default keybind file, so you don't even have to use /bindloadfile ca.txt if you always want to use the exact same attribute window on every new character you make. I don't personally do that because I've set up ca2.txt and ca3.txt tracking different defensive stats for other characters.

Edited by Fade

I'm new here, And got learn something new, Thank you.  Also I'm facing a new problem with my windows 11 which is display light got restart when I play a game only.

Sorry for my poor english.

• Like 1

Just a PC gamer learning NEXT.js (part time developer)

E.x Project: Mic Test