The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Is it possible to delete published stories?

Yes. If you open a support ticket you can ask for more Mission Architect slots.

My understanding is that if you're making actual story missions, and not farm missions, they'll give you more slots.

• Thumbs Up 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

On 5/3/2024 at 6:50 PM, PeregrineFalcon said:

Yes. If you open a support ticket you can ask for more Mission Architect slots.

My understanding is that if you're making actual story missions, and not farm missions, they'll give you more slots.

Thanks very much for your reply.  I'll follow your advice to submit a ticket requesting more slots.

If they're going to limit us to 3 published missions, it would be nice if they would allow us to save over older published missions.

I published a mission, then played it, made minor changes and published it again. 

Then played it, made more minor changes and published it again one more time.

So now I have all 3 of my allowed missions that are just minor deviations from one another.

My OCD demands some way to delete, or save over the two missions I don't really want to keep.

You can unpublish and then delete. I did this a few nights ago, but I can't remember exactly what buttons. Look around, it is doable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

1 hour ago, GATE-keeper said:

If they're going to limit us to 3 published missions, it would be nice if they would allow us to save over older published missions.

What is the point of limiting the account to 3 stories anyway? l can remember enabling on Private Server 1000 slots for stories onto the account, but it took replacing 03 00 00 00 to E8 03 00 00 on mission server somewhere in its code, as well as rewriting special serverside TXT file that functions as mission server database (replacing # from 3 to 1000). It seems like anotha untidiness of Ouroboros team (issues 24-25), when they extended character slots to 1000, but didn't extend mission stories slots (just didn't think about these).

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

2 hours ago, GATE-keeper said:

There is a way that you can update and then save over the old mission without having to use up multiple slots, but it's been so long since I've made missions in the MA I don't remember how to do it.

1 hour ago, Purrfekshawn said:

What is the point of limiting the account to 3 stories anyway?

So that people don't fill up the MA database with a zillion farm and/or junk missions.

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

3 hours ago, Snakebit said:

You can unpublish and then delete. I did this a few nights ago, but I can't remember exactly what buttons. Look around, it is doable. 

Doy!!

You're right.  All you have to do is click on the mission title and the "unpublish" button appears.

Thanks so much everyone!

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

So that people don't fill up the MA database with a zillion farm and/or junk missions.

But people don't fill database with zillion of junk characters somehow?

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

47 minutes ago, Purrfekshawn said:

But people don't fill database with zillion of junk characters somehow?

Do you spend your time searching through other people's characters? Of course not so it doesn't really make a difference. However, it is difficult to search for the kind of mission you want to play if it's drowned in a zillion junk missions. The devs have said that's the reason that they limit the number of MA slots.

I'm not a dev though so there's no point in trying to argue with me about it. I'm just the messenger.

6 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Do you spend your time searching through other people's characters? Of course not so it doesn't really make a difference. However, it is difficult to search for the kind of mission you want to play if it's drowned in a zillion junk missions. The devs have said that's the reason that they limit the number of MA slots.

I'm not a dev though so there's no point in trying to argue with me about it. I'm just the messenger.

1. And junk characters may sit on useful names, which's sad, does that mean # of characters created must be limited?

2. If a player wants to do this junk stuff, they can easily create zillion of accounts for that to fulfill the described bozo job.

3. Don't all arcs have respective IDs, so they don't have to be searched for every time? 

4. What devs? Exactly Homecoming devs, or old (pre-shutdown) City of Heroes commerial company stuff? If it's pre-shutdown CoH company (paragon, cryptic etc.) l'm pretty sure they were limiting that just to force players pay for extra slots, much like everything else in every other commercial MMO?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Purrfekshawn said:

1. And junk characters may sit on useful names, which's sad, does that mean # of characters created must be limited?

2. If a player wants to do this junk stuff, they can easily create zillion of accounts for that to fulfill the described bozo job.

3. Don't all arcs have respective IDs, so they don't have to be searched for every time? 

4. What devs? Exactly Homecoming devs, or old (pre-shutdown) City of Heroes commerial company stuff? If it's pre-shutdown CoH company (paragon, cryptic etc.) l'm pretty sure they were limiting that just to force players pay for extra slots, much like everything else in every other commercial MMO?

Peregrine doesnt play AE and doesn’t post very helpful information usually  so its best to have them on ignore ASAP.

Anyone who does uses the search function at all times and inputs an ID, its why everyone who post an arc they want played list their ID alongside a brief summary. Call it storyteller etiquette. 

Edited by Seed22
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

All considered, there are reasons to search outside of just the arc ID.  Some situations, especially with the more prolific writers, you might search for a player's global instead of the arc ID.  And just a few weeks ago, someone was here requesting comedy arcs since they were in a SG that enjoys them.  They had to ask here since for some since Comedy is flooded with farms for some random reason but they did do a search.

On 5/5/2024 at 11:44 AM, GATE-keeper said:

You can pull down a mission and re-publish it as many times as you like.

All your missions should be in your saved mission files regardless if it is published, unpublished, or re-pubished.

In fact, loaded all my AE missions from before the Sunset and into my Homecoming install ... because all those missions that I worked on were saved.

Of course, you can't save someone else's AE missions. But I assume you already know that.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.