Superman: Legacy First Look

On 6/25/2024 at 7:05 PM, Excraft said:

Can't say the new costume looks good at all. 

On 6/26/2024 at 10:22 AM, Glacier Peak said:

Dang, did he get that from the Halloween store? It's like an amalgamation of the Silver Age and New 52 costume, but it doesn't look like it fits right in the chest and he's got his underwear on the outside. 

Actually, when I saw the chest shield, it rang a bell.  I finally traced that memory to the Kingdom Come Superman suit.  While the live action one uses yellow, rather than black, the shield is practically identical.  I wonder if this is a hint for a direction they're taking with this one's story?  And yea, KC Superman wore the briefs.

thumb-1920-535511.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=1a2

On 6/27/2024 at 5:31 AM, Excraft said:

Looking at this some more, I agree it looks like rubber muscle suit underneath.  This looks terrible in my opinion.

Which is puzzling because if one knows the story of Christopher Reeves, they'd know that Chris was healthy but thin, and went on a mad workout spree to bulk up to get the role.  I'm surprised Gunn apparently didn't require the same for this one.

On 6/28/2024 at 9:48 PM, Techwright said:

Which is puzzling because if one knows the story of Christopher Reeves, they'd know that Chris was healthy but thin, and went on a mad workout spree to bulk up to get the role.  I'm surprised Gunn apparently didn't require the same for this one.

It makes him look even more fake and ridiculous.  Brandon Routh and Henry Cavill both are in great shape too.  Why this guy couldn't be bothered to hit the gym is anyone's guess. 

36 minutes ago, Excraft said:

It makes him look even more fake and ridiculous.  Brandon Routh and Henry Cavill both are in great shape too.  Why this guy couldn't be bothered to hit the gym is anyone's guess. 

Hey, quit skinny shaming him!!

sorry, couldn’t resist.

I'm also aware that Clark is supposed to look like a bit of an adorable nerd compared to Kal-El.

These things can be taken too far, because... um.

corenswer.jpeg.02c9a04a065c4c643ca4940fd133e3ac.jpeg

More set photos via JustJared...:

superman-set-photos-mister-terrific-20.thumb.webp.3b89bbf0500b093d06252abe977ccbd7.webpsuperman-set-photos-mister-terrific-08.thumb.jpg.8d5fe8458c9c5e72de3961558802c7ad.jpg

...and I don't know how built or not David is, but... man, that outfit is not doing the guy any favours at all.

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.