Arcane/Fantasy Base Showcase

• Retired Community Rep

Another Showcase! Non-competitive, all welcome, including past winners. If your base fits the theme, please let people see it! WIP (work in progress) also encouraged to enter.

Dates: May 11-May26

Entered bases must also be listed in the directory, so people can find more information on them, and plus, so they can find them later, and make comments on them if they wish. Please make sure your base is listed according to your wishes in the directory.

Enter bases with this format, please:

Server/Shard:

Base Name:

Code:

Builder Global In Game (Or the global you'd like comments sent to):

Other players, either partner builders or owners:

Special considerations: "Fly is helpful", "WIP", or list the consideration needed

As before, and especially if you are in the showcase yourself, please visit bases, PLEASE send builders comments, we all like to hear things about the base we've worked so hard on. Please keep in mind, base builder abilities vary, but everyone has put a lot into their work.

Tour hubs have been set up for your convenience. All the codes are listed, along with macros to help hop from base to base, and the hubs also list the builder globals to send comments to. It's recommended that exhibitors put up a sign that reminds people you would like to hear from them, and where they should send any comments on the base.

Everlasting: TOUR-33691
Excelsior: TOUR-30788
Indomitable: TOUR-11167
Reunion: TOUR-9105
Torchbearer: TOUR-14480

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Server/Shard: Everlasting

Base Name: The Awokens

Code: DICE-22078

Builder Global In Game : @Envious

Other players, either partner builders or owners: @Antissip8 (Owner)

Special considerations: Set up for D&D campaign, with secret locations and traps. Adventures travel from the dock and progress east to west.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Server/Shard: Everlasting

Base Name: The Federation of Xzianthia

Code: XZIANTHIA-16224

Builder Global In Game : @Envious

Other players, either partner builders or owners: @x5 (Owner)

Special considerations: set upon entering /VISSCALE 5

Edited by stealthnight
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Base Name: Bone Weaver

Code: SPIDER-33860

Builder Global In Game : @Dr

Other players, either partner builders or owners: @Dr

Special considerations: Visscale 5+ recommended. Flying is not essential but can help get a better look at this.
Arachnophobia Warning

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Server: Everlasting

Base Name: Absolute
Code: FORMS-23911
Builder/Owner Global: @Allatum

Special considerations: Visscale 5+ suggested, also graphics above medium setting/water options turned on. It's still very much a work in progress. I'm leaving it open because I get some entertainment in allowing people to see what a nice facade can look like behind the scenes. It is tangentially arcane/fantasy in theme, as a collection of art pieces, if you feel like calling them art pieces. ❤️

Edited by Allatum
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ooh, I've been waiting for this one!

Base Name: Irkalla

Code: IRKALLA-26134

Builder Global In Game: @Thunderchild

Other players, either partner builders or owners: n/a

Special considerations: Visscale 3 is enough for everything to work, but the effect is completely lost without. There's a tour of the "exterior" of the base so you can see how the main portion was constructed. I recommend checking out the base interior first before taking the "Jank Tour." Please be sure to pet the horse!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1

Server: Everlasting

Base Name: Hibiscus Hideaway 🌺
Code: Serenity-30719
Builder/Owner Global: @Interrabang

Special considerations: Still a WIP but quite a bit done (not a giant base). I wanted to make a unique house for my toon and a peaceful place to escape. Don't be scared to check out the fireplace 🔥

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Base Name: Vel's Hell

Code: VHEV-30406

Builder/Owner Global: @Vel Mori

Special considerations: The area beyond the 4th wall switch is: a look under the hood & a proof of concept workshop.  While not required, fly can be useful.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Server/Shard: Torchbearer

Base Name: Nightflank Castle

Code: PIZZA-2544

Builder Global In Game: @KingofMonkeys

Special considerations: /Visscale 5 recommended. Easter eggs and Secret passages included. Legend speaks of a dragon slumbering under the grounds, should he wake- it would spell the doom of Nightflank. Scroll map of the grounds:

image.thumb.jpeg.5c9ba9788cc831acae1e81f5f64c81e6.jpeg

Edited by KingofMonkeys
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Server/Shard: Excelsior

Base Name: Order Divided

Code: order-18281

Builder Global In Game: @Bay

Special considerations: Massive WIP. No travel power required and if you find yourself in a situation where it feels like one is required, /stuck

Theme/Concept is an arcane sanctuary/pocket dimension for a group of Heroes. Open floor plan with associated structures where needed. 

I have 2...

on different servers 😁

Main purpose: cool looking travel hub, crafting place and storage for my altitis 😋

Server/Shard: Excelsior

Base Name: Midnighter's Retreat

Code: SPECTRALS-23761

Builder Global In Game (Or the global you'd like comments sent to): @Sp3ctr4l

Other players, either partner builders or owners: just me (some friends have access but only I do building)

Special considerations: Fly is helpful (jump is ok, you will hate it with superspeed), but there is a rowboat if you fall into the water to get back up.

Server/Shard: Reunion

Base Name: Spectral's Hideout

Code: SPECTRALS-6052

Other players, either partner builders or owners: just me (some friends have access but only I do building)

Special considerations: It was built a long time ago when I was still learning and does not have new shiny stuff. Also the weird glass construction was for a game and I did not want to destroy it (hampster race: get to the end as fast as possible, PS: you cannot see the tunnel from inside)

• Retired Community Rep
1 hour ago, Spectral said:

Base Name: Midnighter's Retreat

Code: SPECTRALS-23761

Special considerations: Fly is helpful (jump is ok, you will hate it with superspeed), but there is a rowboat if you fall into the water to get back up.

Base Name: Spectral's Hideout

Code: SPECTRALS-6052

Thanks, Sp3ctr4l! So...could you please add more info to the Excelsior directory listing, it's very bare bones, and the Reunion listing doesn't have the whole sg name. Which, I can correct if that's the only thing, but I thought maybe you'd want to check to make sure that the listings say what you want them to say? There's a tab where you can look up your base to see what it already says. Thanks so much!!

• Like 1

• Retired Community Rep
On 5/7/2024 at 5:54 PM, PoptartsNinja said:

I recommend checking out the base interior first before taking the "Jank Tour."

You might want to put up a sign to that effect in the entry 🙂 I know you're good at thematic signs!

Server: Everlasting

Base Name: The Table Round Castle
Code: THETABLEROUND-22020
Builder/Owner Global: @Dr. Rogue

Special considerations: Fully functional base inside a version of Camelot's portcullis. Small tiny neighborhood with tavern (accessible upper-room bridge to other side), Tiny guard housing inside the City walls. Camelot Castle still being built in the large open area. Hopefully will be Epic once complete. [Work In Progress].

• Thumbs Up 1

Base Name: Olympus

Code: Olympus-3857

Builder Global In Game (Or the global you'd like comments sent to): @Hestia in game (Invigilium on discord)

Other players, either partner builders or owners: None

Special considerations: Fly isn't necessary, there is a secret area that I never finished.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Base Name: BruteHQ

Code: BRHQ-30616

Builder in Game: @X’terra (in game); X’terra3433

Other players, either partner builders or owner: none

Special Considerations: You can either Fly or Walk, swimming optional

Edited by Xterra
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Base Name: The House of Forgotten Wisdom

Code: Hikma-17431

Builder Global In Game: @BBBadger

Other players, either partner builders or owners: None

Special considerations: This is a four year old base so some of the design is older. Since this place is ICly a secret, please view it OOCly.  Vi_scale 5 is usually best. 

Edited by BBBadger
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Base Name: Nox Castle

Code: MAGICKA-18312

Builder Global In Game @Weatherworker

Other players, either partner builders or owners:

Special considerations: Main structure complete. I intend one more run through of detailing. Mild flickers in spots but otherwise a freestanding fantasy castle with nods to my favorite fantasy elements and stories. Worked on since December 2020. ICly not well known, very private. Walking appreciated. Bedrooms on floor 4 and 5 are locked accessible by flight, teleportation or jumping. Entrance to the castle is left of the door ie there's a note for visitors. Be sure to visit the mausoleum and portal point.

screenshot_230310-20-47-11.jpg

Edited by Nox_Witch
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Retired Community Rep
40 minutes ago, Nox_Witch said:

Walking appreciated. Bedrooms on floor 4 and 5 are locked accessible by flight,

So...I'm a bit confused. Should I note that flight is helpful on the hub listing, or not?

1 minute ago, Dacy said:

So...I'm a bit confused. Should I note that flight is helpful on the hub listing, or not?

I've been there. Yes, there are a couple places where flight would be very handy, Dacy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes flight is needed to access the two bedrooms on four and five as well the tower entrace on fifth floor.

The castle has two main staircases at opposite ends that one can access the floors but the bedrooms are gated.