More costume customization for Arachnos players

Hey all. If you play Arachnos then you know there is only one costume slot that allows the use of Epic AT visuals. 

1 - I would like to be able to switch between Wolf/Crab and Bane, and I know Widows want to switch between their own different sets. 

2 - Is there any pieces or costume for Kheldian PB or Nictus? 

Does anyone know how to get another slot to use Epic AT costume pieces? It would mean the world to many of us Arachnos agents. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

1) You can already do this by making use of your alternate build. Each player has 2 builds and can swap between them at a trainer. Unfortunately, if you take Crab powers on either build you're permanently stuck with the crab backpack in all of your costumes for both builds.

2) Male characters can get the Kheldian sash, which is commonly worn by Kheldian NPCs / PPD Awakened. IIRC this is the only Kheldian-specific costume piece.

3) There's no way to get a second Arachnos costume. Because of the way Arachnos NPCs are built, the player Arachnos costumes had to be hard-coded into slot 1 and there's no way to add more without serious Dev time.

Edited by PoptartsNinja

Yeah, other than the sash (females get the carrier sash, which was deemed close enough,) there are no held pieces. The tights and fire stripe pattern are generally available, the eye glow is an aura, most everything else is a power.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

8 minutes ago, biostem said:

I really just wish they'd allow a SoA to *not* have the spider backpack if they are in a bane build.

I think there is a coding problem causing that.

Just now, Rudra said:

I think there is a coding problem causing that.

Oh no doubt - they'd have to add some sort of check or otherwise prohibit changing builds or costumes if you went from bane -> crab while wearing a costume without said spider legs...

9 minutes ago, biostem said:

I really just wish they'd allow a SoA to *not* have the spider backpack if they are in a bane build.

I agree with this.  I'm sure there is a problem fixing up the code, but it's still pretty desired by the players and something that could be worked on, esp. now that they've got a legit license and can accept more help.

I'd like to see some crab backpacks that aren't backpacks.  You have modified the power source of your own backpack and now it's a gun!  Or something.  They'd have to change the animations too but it could be cool I think for a lot of characters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gameboy1234 said:

I agree with this. 

It would be highly specific, (which for SoAs is already somewhat the case), but maybe they could provide a special version of the crab spider backpack, which still takes up the back slot, but simply becomes invisible while you are in a bane spider build...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

I agree with this.  I'm sure there is a problem fixing up the code, but it's still pretty desired by the players and something that could be worked on, esp. now that they've got a legit license and can accept more help.

I'd like to see some crab backpacks that aren't backpacks.  You have modified the power source of your own backpack and now it's a gun!  Or something.  They'd have to change the animations too but it could be cool I think for a lot of characters.

I love the idea of more variations on the Crabpack. One with 1-2 'Predator' style shoulder cannons would be sufficient for the blast animations... not that I even worry about that in the heat of combat.

I think most 'coding' difficulties for getting rid of the Crabpack could be eliminated by making one that's just invisible, or legless, or just the cape. It would still be in the way of getting other backpacks, which is suboptimal, but wouldn't interfere anymore than it already does if/when they ever develop a workaround for that, and it would still be a vast improvement for people who want Crab powers without Crab legs 😕

Sadly, I don't think it'll ever happen. I think too many people with any 'authority' either just don't care, or actively desire that Spiders have the mandatory costume nerf 😞

• Like 1

I'd be happy with just two costume options - one, helmet on, two, helmet off for the VEATs and then customise the rest.

It does seem that when VEATS were created the costume options weren't properly thought through

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.