Hey, just a quick question

loki120

So I'm a long time player from the original run, and was a pretty steady player from nearly launch of the game to shutdown (with a brief period where I didn't have steady internet access), so some things are a bit rusty for me.

First, I love this, it's giving me the nostalgia feels all over again.

Second, I now play on Indomitable. And I've noticed that I seem to be leveling a lot faster than I did back in the old days. Was something changed to give out more xp or am I just misremembering things? I seem to remember taking months to grind out to level 30, but I seem to have hit that within a month of playing. I usually play solo, even back then, so it's not like I'm power leveling, nor have I changed my challenge level.

Thanks in advance.

Don't these servers run on a 1.5XP multiplier compared to the old Live servers?

Also, the game is a lot easier than it was in the early issues, unless you were running specific broken builds, which usually didn't have their special abilities before Level 30 (other than Smoke Grenade). So faster killing and less debt = much faster advancement.

For some ATs such as Controllers, also, it would be faster to level now than in the early Issues due to Containment and the Pay 2 Win vendors giving you extra attack powers.

P2W removes a LOT of the pain in lower levels.  Two extra attacks, plus the AT specific attack, all of which are very strong early on, plus travel powers from level 1, mean you're getting to your missions faster and clearing them faster.  Combined with the AT inherent, the leveling experience FEELS Much faster than in the early days of live.  That said, if you had all the veteran rewards before shut down, things felt pretty much like they do now.  The XP curves haven't changed.

CoH has always been about the journey, I remember my characters' adventures and relationships rather than their leveling speed or where they were when they dinged 50.

They did have a boost at the start, I thought that was removed on the move to Canada.

It was - the XP rates are only boosted using the XP boosts from the P2W vendor...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Also, the game is a lot easier than it was in the early issues, unless you were running specific broken builds, which usually didn't have their special abilities before Level 30 (other than Smoke Grenade). So faster killing and less debt = much faster advancement.

For some ATs such as Controllers, also, it would be faster to level now than in the early Issues due to Containment and the Pay 2 Win vendors giving you extra attack powers.

That may explain it, also most of the toons I played were built in the early days so it may have been harder back then too. I do remember them changing things up like making it easier to get travel powers earlier and then Vet rewards (which I know you can still get at the P2W vendors).

In any case, thanks for the answers. I'm still loving the game, and frankly it's not bothering me too much. I was more curious than concerned. I'm more than happy to reach higher levels a lot sooner than grinding for months.

There was an adjustment on the original servers somewhere in the high teen numbers of issues where the XP curve was adjusted. It was around the time rested xp (Patrol XP) and day jobs went in. So yes it is a faster leveling experience form launch. They particularly flattened the hump between 35 and about 45 or 50.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

But also, before the servers were shut down, they boosted xp rates on live as well. So if you quit (or weren't playing lowbies much) before the live servers were shut off, you may not remember the xp boost. Either way...welcome home!  :D

CC

Originally from Dark Revolution villain SG on Champion- hit me up if you were too!

Currently on Everlasting as:

CC- Charge  (lvl 50 SS/Elec Brute)

There are 3 free extra attack powers and several o es you can purchase for 5-10k influence.

Sands of the Mu

Undead Slaying Axe

Nemesis Staff/ Wand of whatever it is called

Sands of Mu I love you so much.

Why do you always disappoint me?  Why do you always miss?

Yes but it is when it misses and every single other attack misses as well.

Press 1 key - Miss

Press 2 key - Miss

Press 3 key - Miss

Press 4 key - Miss

1 is back up press - Miss

Eat Green Insp

It happens it just annoying when it does, because you jumped into the middle of those mobs for a reason and there were a lot of them and missing is not an option.